SPI1 Initialization in FRDMKW-38 HRS demo code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI1 Initialization in FRDMKW-38 HRS demo code

Jangra
Contributor II
Hello sir, How to use SPI1 instead of UART in HRS demo code (FRDMKW-38) .....?
0 Kudos
9 Replies

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

What information do you want to send using spi? You can put your spi initialization in function 'BleApp_Init'. 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Jangra
Contributor II

I want to communicate with lizard using SPI .

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can create a timer to call the spi read/write function at the fixed duration to communicate with your device. Using TMR_AllocateTimer to allocate the timer ID. Using TMR_StartLowPowerTimer to start the timer. And you should define the callback function as parameter to give the TMR_StartLowPowerTimer.  

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Jangra
Contributor II

Or you can share demo code if you have because which RF IC i am using that is also manufactured by NXP .

I want to receive data using lizard RF IC which is communicating via SPI with MKW38 and send data to mobile application Using Bluetooth. 

0 Kudos

Jangra
Contributor II

Hello sir,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually i am learner so could you please help me from where should i start in code ?

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In common, you should follow this link custom_profile.

If you want to see the results quickly, you can try this. The hrs example send the random number to mobile in function 'TimerMeasurementCallback'. So in this function, you can add the spi read to read your RF IC data.   Then use 'Hrs_RecordHeartRateMeasurement' to send the data. I have told you where to put the spi initial. 

The first way, if you use our app iot tool box, you won't see the results. You should use the app nrf connect. It will show you the new profile you configure.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

Jangra
Contributor II

Please share any demo code for SPI1 interfacing in mkw-38...

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Sorry, we do not have the demo. We have the spi example in 'boards\frdmkw38\driver_examples\dspi'.

You have to porting it to the ble project.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

Jangra
Contributor II

okey,,,,,,,,,,,

Thank you sir......

0 Kudos