cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9021 peripheral send security request when cell phone APP connect QN9021

seanwu
Contributor IV

Dear sir,

I want to QN9021 sends security request to Android cell phone, after Android cell phone APP(nRF connect or LightBlue) connected QN9021. Then Android cell phone will pairing and bonding QN9021. So I "add app_gap_security_req();" after connected. 

seanwu_2-1620699497158.png

seanwu_0-1620699165918.png

But there are always two PAIRING_REQUEST from Android phone. See the picture and attached video.

seanwu_1-1620699408520.png

Do you know how to avoid the first pairing request "[Broadcast] Action received: android.bluetooth.device.action.PAIRING_REQUEST, pairing variant: PAIRING_VARIANT_CONSENT (3)"?

Thanks.BR,

Sean Wu.

Weikeng

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @seanwu,

I am not sure if you are trying to remove the boding process or not.

However, the message that you are seeing is part of the Android process, it is an expected packet.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

seanwu
Contributor IV

Dear Mario,

Because there are two PAIRING_REQUEST from Android cell phone, but QN9021 just sent one security request to Android cell phone. 

My question is the two PAIRING_REQUEST is normal? Is it caused by QN9021? And how to remove the first PAIRING_REQUEST from Android cell phone. Just only need one PAIRING_REQUEST from Android cell phone.

Thanks.

BR,

Sean Wu

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @seanwu,

The value that you are seeing is expected for the Android paring process.

Pairing variant where the user is expected to consent to the pairing process. The caller is responsible for ensuring the user is prompted appropriately and user consent obtained for pairing.

It is necessary to conclude the pairing process, after obtaining user consent.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos