QN9020 Start a timer and report the current time via bluetooth?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9020 Start a timer and report the current time via bluetooth?

Jump to solution
inuyashaitb
Contributor I

Hello everyone, I am a Computer Engineering Senior Major and am currently working on a project for my senior design, but I am running into snags.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am completely new to hardware programming, but I am experienced in writing C/C++/JAVA/ .NET. I have read all of the included documentation for the QN9020 and I can get the demo projects to work perfectly, but I am having the most difficult time trying to modify it to reach my needs. What I would like to do is create a Timer that is triggered by sending a certain value from my phone to the QN9020 and have that timer be reported back to the phone and run a function after a certain amount of time has passed.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you, with regards, Marshall.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yijunma
Contributor II

NXP buyed Quintic, but it seems this forum has no QN902X topics or no active developers here.

For your question, you can refer to the below demo projects:

QBlue\QN9020\QBlue-1.3.9\Projects\BLE\qpps ;

QBlue\QN9020\QBlue-1.3.9\Projects\Driver\rtc ;

QBlue\QN9020\QBlue-1.3.9\Projects\Driver\timer ;

View solution in original post

4 Replies
yijunma
Contributor II

NXP buyed Quintic, but it seems this forum has no QN902X topics or no active developers here.

For your question, you can refer to the below demo projects:

QBlue\QN9020\QBlue-1.3.9\Projects\BLE\qpps ;

QBlue\QN9020\QBlue-1.3.9\Projects\Driver\rtc ;

QBlue\QN9020\QBlue-1.3.9\Projects\Driver\timer ;

inuyashaitb
Contributor I

Thank you. That was actually extremely helpful.

Now i actually have another question... How would I go about creating a bond with a particular device?

Basically I need the QN9020 to have a PIN to connect to it. Then, once connected, the two devices would 'pair' with each other, not allowing the QN9020 to publicly broadcast its connection anymore?

0 Kudos
yijunma
Contributor II

different with classic bluetooth, BLE peripheral must advertise itself to let the centro device to scan it.

for the bonding issue, it is complicated.

1, CFG_SECURITY_ON config

2, set access permission of Characteristic Value and Characteristic Configuration Descriptor to PERM_RIGHT_AUTH

3, check QN_IO_CAP_ABILITY and QN_SEC_MODE_LEVEL

0 Kudos
inuyashaitb
Contributor I

Is there a way to get the MAC / BT address of the connected device? i think i will just do a save and comparison to see if its the same one as before.

0 Kudos