How to unlock a secured Freescale Kinetis W ZigBee chip?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlock a secured Freescale Kinetis W ZigBee chip?

vitaliymitsyuk
Contributor I

After erasing MKW24D512 by "HAN J-Link Programmer 1.40", I cant flashing a program via j-link. What I can do with this?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Dear Vitaliy,

You may use the Jlink commander utility from Segger to unlock the kinetis W devices. Please check a similar thread where a solution to this has been discussed.

Link: https://community.freescale.com/message/473258

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

vitaliymitsyuk
Contributor I

Dear AngelC,

Thanks for this answer. But I foun that the problem was in different. My USB-MKW24D512 works properly before I flash it firmware from files Ha HomeGateway_kw24d512_ZED.bin and Ha DimmableLight_kw24d512_ZED.bin to adress 0x800000 and try to connect tham to Freescale ZED application. After that command "unlock kinetis" give folowing results

1Screenshot from 2015-03-23 19_00_48.png

and for others chips

2Screenshot from 2015-03-23 19_12_33.png

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Dear Vitaliy,

How did you exactly load the Ha HomeGateway_kw24d512_ZED.bin and Ha DimmableLight_kw24d512_ZED.bin to the boards? Was it using IAR or TestTool? Have you tried to use IAR and the Jlink to load a new program to them? Please add some photos of your board settings in the description to verify the connections are correct.

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

vitaliymitsyuk
Contributor I

I rename Ha HomeGateway_kw24d512_ZED.srec and Ha DimmableLight_kw24d512_ZED.srec to bin files and load to chip by j-link ARM Programmer using GUI for linux from HAN and set load adress (0x8 000 00). After loading those files blue leds on USB-MKW24D512 was blinked and chsnged its blinking if i push SW1 buton. But after trying to connect those USB boards to Freescale ZED programm a found that blue leda not blinks and chips not responce. Before this programs those chips with my own bin file from project generated by Freescale BeeKit and compiled by GCC compiller and Eclipse under linux, and debugg using GDB and Segger J-Link. My own IDE works properly and compiled binary files was loaded hundreds without any problems. Problems was only with ZED applications and ZED srec files ((

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Dear Vitaliy,

Honestly, I am not familiar with the development tools you are using. I would recommend you to use the IAR IDE and try to load a different image to the boards.

If IAR is not an option, another approach would be to download and install BeeKit Wireless Connectivity Toolkit. Once installed, open TestTool 12 and select Kinetis Firmware loader. You may be able to load a new SREC file using your Jlink. Please try it and let me know the outcome.

BeeKit: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=BEEKIT_WIRELESS_CONNECTIVITY_TOOLKIT

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

vitaliymitsyuk
Contributor I

"You may be able to load a new SREC file using your Jlink. Please try it and let me know the outcome."

I trying and sent a screenshot for you a lot of time ago please give me a answer?

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Dear Vitaliy,

Sorry if I missed your screenshot. I am not familiar with the tools you mentioned earlier and I could not confirm this could affect the board. I will investigate further about the message shown in TestTool and try to replicate it locally. I will let you know my results as soon as I am done.

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

vitaliymitsyuk
Contributor I

Ок I'll  wait, but what means this error message when I try to burn this chip?

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Dear Vitaliy,

It seems the message indicated the device has been locked and therefore the Jlink is unable to communicate with the MCU. Anyway, we have not seen this issue using the supported tools so far.

I ran some tests using the embedded images included in ZED 1.6.2 installation folder. I loaded HA HomeGateway_KW24D512_ZED.srec and HA DimmableLight_kw24d512_ZED.srec to a USB-KW24D512 board and I had no issues when loading a new image using either TestTool Firmware loader or IAR at all.

As mentioned, I am not familiar with the tools you are using and this could have been caused by a wrong or missing setting when programming the USB boards in a first place. Since I have no way to replicate this, I would say the best option would be to simply have your boards replaced by Freescale.

Please go to our Returns and Warranty information page to request a board/kit replacement. A Freescale representative will respond to you shortly and process your request. Your non-functional board will be replaced.

Link: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/homepage.jsp?code=WTBUY_DTD_RETURNS&fsrch=1&sr=1

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

vitaliymitsyuk
Contributor I

This gives a next error message1.PNG.png

0 Kudos