How to receive a multicast POST message from Thread nodes to my Linux+TAP machine

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive a multicast POST message from Thread nodes to my Linux+TAP machine

Jump to solution
diegocomin
Contributor IV

Hi all,

I followed this tutorial Thread Border Router using Linux + KW as Host Controlled Device with Serial TAP for DHCPv6-PD  to create a complete Border Router with my Raspberry PI + Host Controlled Device with Serial TAP.

At this point I am perfectly able to communicate to my nodes when I make coap messages from my RP. However, I want to receive the multicast POST message that my Thread nodes send.

When I make a multicast POST request from a node, I am able to see the message sent in every node from my Thread network, but I am not able to see it from the Thread_Shell program of my host controlled device + RP with TAP. 

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

There is any way to obtain the multicast POST message in my Border Router configured with serial TAP?

Best regards,

Diego C.

Labels (3)
1 Solution
diegocomin
Contributor IV

Hi Alexandru,

I have already solved the issue. The RP had the fd01::2 Ipv6 so I created a task in the KW41Z to send a Coap message to this IPv6 address. In order to receive the coap message in the RP I set up a CoAP Server in python attached to the Ipv6 address fd01::2.

Thanks I apreciate so much your concern!

Diego Comin

View solution in original post

6 Replies
diegocomin
Contributor IV

Hello Alexandru,

Have you found any solution to my issue?

Regards,

Diego C.

0 Kudos
Alexandru-Lilia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Diego,

At this moment I don't have the hardware to do the setup yet, I will get to you as soon as I have it set up and figured out.

Regards,

Lilian

0 Kudos
Alexandru-Lilia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You are probably receiving the CoAP message, but it doesn't appears on the shell. To make sure, you can check with a sniffer if you get ACK from the said device.

Regards,

Lilian

0 Kudos
diegocomin
Contributor IV

Ok surely I receive the CoAP message to my Host Controlled Device (the R41Z module), but how can I receive the message from my Raspberry Pi connected with serial TAP to the Host Controlled Device?

0 Kudos
Alexandru-Lilia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Diego,

It would help me if you make a Wireshark capture when you send the messages. You need an wireless sniffer, or fi you don't have one, can you make a capture on the Thread interface from raspi?

Thanks,

Lilian

0 Kudos
diegocomin
Contributor IV

Hi Alexandru,

I have already solved the issue. The RP had the fd01::2 Ipv6 so I created a task in the KW41Z to send a Coap message to this IPv6 address. In order to receive the coap message in the RP I set up a CoAP Server in python attached to the Ipv6 address fd01::2.

Thanks I apreciate so much your concern!

Diego Comin