cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GENFSK can't monitor ios rssi

darkblue
Contributor I

Hi Tech,

I use genfsk module to monitor RSSI of BLE.  When I use iphone 15 to connect KW36, then the other KW36 devices can't get RSSI. But when I use Huawei meta 30pro then it works.

My device

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NXP support.

I appreciate the details related to SDK and the board you are using can you please help me confirm if this is an EVK.

Also I understand that the problem is involved when using an Iphone can you please share with me how are you performing this test? So we can reproduce this test case. I think for the type of testing that you are using the connectivity test (GenFSK) and using the Range Test case.

Can you please confirm this and give more details o how yo are testing this. Also I do recommend to use a latest version of this SDK 2.2.12.

0 Kudos

darkblue
Contributor I

I use a KW38 as a peripheral, and then connect it to four KW36 units via CAN. After connecting an Android phone to the KW38, I obtained the related listening information for genfsk as shown in the figure below. The four KW36 units can obtain the masterRSSI, which I believe refers to the Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) of the heartbeat packets from the Android phone.

darkblue_0-1715650884753.png

However, when I use an iPhone, with all other test conditions remaining the same, the genfsk information obtained is as shown in the figure below. At this time, the four KW36 units are unable to obtain the masterRSSI.

darkblue_1-1715651112719.png

Yes I am using connectivity test (GenFSK)

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you in advance for the information proportionate.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct you have a KW38 with a Heart Rate Sensor example running (with no sleep mode on) and connecting this to your Android phone, while having via CAN 4 KW35 units that are receiving information form the KW38 connection.

And you have another KW36 that is running the GenFSK connectivity test where you are monitoring the RSSI.

Please correct me if my understood is incorrect.

After this said I will like to know the following points:

1. What is the purpose of this testing?

You are looking forward to obtain the RSSI from the peripheral (kw38) or the phone?

1. Also can you please share with me on a more detailed way how are you running the connectivity test (GenFSK) project.

Please let me know this information.

0 Kudos

darkblue
Contributor I

Hi,

while having via CAN 4 KW35 units that are receiving information form the KW38 connection.  Actually,  the four monitoring devices are kw36.  And yes the four kw36 all running gfsk to get RSSI between cellphone and kw38. In order to accomplish ranging test in vehicle. 

But It doesn't work when I were using iphone, I've tried iphone 15 pro, iphone 13 etc. 

Also can you please share with me on a more detailed way how are you running the connectivity test (GenFSK) project.

After I connect my Android phone to the KW38, it conveys parameters such as hopIncrement, crcSeed, syncAddress, connection interval, and channel map to the KW36 device via CAN. Once the XCVR_GENFSK_ENABLED and related features are enabled on the KW36, the GENFSK_InterruptHandler interrupt callback can detect the masterRSSI and slaveRSSI. This process is seamless when I use my Android phone. However, when I switch to an iPhone, the conditional check if (irqStatus & GENFSK_IRQ_CTRL_RX_IRQ_MASK) doesn't seem to be triggered, suggesting that packets may not be captured. The access address and crcSeed I transmit to the KW36 appear to be correct upon inspection, and there are no obvious anomalies. Could you shed light on what might be causing this issue?

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

As y mention on a private message, in order to change the GenFSK to 2M you will have to apply the following changes:

• You will need to define the macro for RADIO GEN 3P0 on the fsl_xcvr.h. (image1)
  • This will enable on the data rate enum to use the 2MBit data rate (image2)
  • And finally for the change to be applied on the radio configuration change the value to the proper one (image3).

Please let me know if there is anything else where I can help you.

0 Kudos

darkblue
Contributor I
My device is KW36, and SDK is 2.2.10
0 Kudos