Can KW41Z be made into a border router with K64f?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can KW41Z be made into a border router with K64f?

Jump to solution
ivaylomanushev
Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering if there is a way to connect the KW41Z with the K64F and use it as a thread border router. I know there is a way of doing it with CR20A. 

Thanks,

Ivaylo

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ivaylo, 

You could load a host controlled device on the KW41Z, connect the boards through a serial interface (UART, I2C, SPI) and communicate the devices using THCI commands over FSCI. See Chapter 3. Host Software Overview in Kinetis FSCI Host Application Programming Interface.pdf. 

As you already mentioned, you could use the K64F + MCR20A as a standalone border router, there is already demo project for that in the Connectivity Software package. In this approach, the Connectivity Framework and Stack is handled by the K64.

-JC

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ivaylo, 

You could load a host controlled device on the KW41Z, connect the boards through a serial interface (UART, I2C, SPI) and communicate the devices using THCI commands over FSCI. See Chapter 3. Host Software Overview in Kinetis FSCI Host Application Programming Interface.pdf. 

As you already mentioned, you could use the K64F + MCR20A as a standalone border router, there is already demo project for that in the Connectivity Software package. In this approach, the Connectivity Framework and Stack is handled by the K64.

-JC

flaminatakam
Contributor II

how could i get the connectivity software package with the demo project of K64F + MCR20A as border router that you have mentioned?

0 Kudos
ivaylomanushev
Contributor II

JC,

Thanks for the explanation it clears things up for me, I'll give it a try.

Best,

Ivaylo

0 Kudos