DPAA LOC_FAULT

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPAA LOC_FAULT

bsheldon
Contributor III

On a T2080 I am setting up an EMAC1 to communicate using the SERDES XFI_10GKR.  When I set the DPAA line Interface control register,  (6.4.3.3.1 Interface Mode Register (IF_MODE)), for 10G (bits 30:31 to 0) I receive a LOC_FAULT interrupt.  The entire register value being written is 0x8000. 

Is this expected behavior? The IF_MODE appears to be more suited to RGMII and thought maybe I am not suppose to do anything with this when dealing with the XFI environment.

Any clarification on this would be helpful.

Best regards,

Bob Sheldon

0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For configuring an interface in 10G mode a user should not touch anything. The configuration is applied by the FMD driver:
./drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/sdk_fman

Now the question is: what does the customer want? Does he want a 10G port or a 10G port in backplane mode?
For backplane mode it is not enough to have the FMD driver. He must use the backplane driver that implements the link training algorithm.

0 Kudos

RachelGomez123
Contributor I

Based on the information provided, it seems that you are working on setting up an Ethernet Media Access Controller (EMAC) on a T2080 processor to communicate using the SERDES XFI_10GKR. The issue you are facing is related to the Interface Mode Register (IF_MODE), specifically when setting the DPAA line Interface control register to 10G (bits 30:31 to 0), you receive a LOC_FAULT interrupt.

In general, the IF_MODE register is used to configure the interface mode of the DPAA line interface for various Ethernet physical layer standards, including RGMII, SGMII, XFI, and others. However, the exact behavior of the IF_MODE register may vary depending on the specific implementation of the processor and the Ethernet PHY.

Regarding your specific issue, the fact that you are receiving a LOC_FAULT interrupt when setting the IF_MODE register to 10G could indicate an issue with the configuration of the XFI_10GKR interface or with the PHY itself. It is possible that the IF_MODE register is not applicable in the XFI environment, as you mentioned.

To further investigate this issue, you may need to consult the documentation for the T2080 processor and the XFI_10GKR PHY to determine the correct configuration settings for the interface. You may also consider seeking assistance from the manufacturer or vendor of the processor or the PHY.

Overall, without additional information about the specific implementation of the T2080 processor and the XFI_10GKR PHY, it is difficult to provide a definitive answer to your question.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

0 Kudos

bsheldon
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply Rachel.  I have investigated further and believe the LOC_FAULT is a result of the two stations on the ethernet connection establishing a link.  For now I will treat as a normal/expected/non-blocking condition. 

With regards to more information there is no external PHY connection, it is a Serdes -to Serdes connection.  I have been through the register configuration more times then I can count trying different scenarios.  

I will add to this thread with more specifics if/when I discover pertinent information.

Regards,

Bob

0 Kudos