cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM912J637 - CCA measurement

marina_dioto
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to measure the CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) of an lead acid battery with the MM912J637 ic.

If so, could someone help me with some guidelines, please?

Thank you,

Marina

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marina,

We have never tested or have records of people using the MM912J637 for measuring CCA.

However, MM912J637 is capable of measure temperature, voltage and current, so, if you develop the appropriated firmware I’m sure that you can use it for this application.

If I understand properly, Cranking amps are the numbers of amperes a lead-acid battery at 32 degrees F (0 degrees C) can deliver for 30 seconds and maintain at least 1.2 volts per cell (7.2 volts for a 12 volt battery), you can setup these conditions in your code by measuring temperature, voltage and current with the MM912J637.

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos