Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import project from Code Warrior to Kinetis Design Studio

Jump to solution
vitaliysiplichu
Contributor III

Hello everyone!

Here is my situation. I have example project eCompass_Project. I want to edit it and try to compile it. But I have only trial version of Code Warrior. The compilation stops because of code size limitation. So I've desided to compile this project in Kinetis Design Studio.
I downloaded that IDE, installed and imported project via Import->General->Existing project into Workspace.
I tried to compile that but I had error:
Program "make" not found in PATH
When I looked into the settings and I saw some troubles (see in attached files).
For example:
Orphaned configuration. No base extension cfg exists for com.freescale.coldfire.toolchain.configuration.314784377
And others...

Hera is log of compilation:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

make clean

Cannot run program "make": Launching failed

Error: Program "make" not found in PATH

PATH=[C:/Freescale/KDS_3.0.0/eclipse//features/com.somniumtech.jre.win32.win32.x86_1.7.0.76/jre/bin/client;C:/Freescale/KDS_3.0.0/eclipse//features/com.somniumtech.jre.win32.win32.x86_1.7.0.76/jre/bin;C:/Freescale/KDS_3.0.0/eclipse//features/com.somniumtech.jre.win32.win32.x86_1.7.0.76/jre/lib/i386;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin;C:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\eclipse;]

19:05:07 Build Finished (took 45ms)

****  of configuration FXLC95000_Internal_Flash for project eCompass_Project ****

Nothing to build for project eCompass_Project

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So my questions are:
1. Is it possible to import Code Warrior project into Kinetis Design Studio?
2. If it is possible, how can I do that? Can anyone give me step by step instructions? (I work with Eclipse not so long, so I don't understand some things).

3. Is it possible to develop software in KDS using ISF1?

Project consists of:

ISF1, FXLC95000, MAG3110, MPL3115, FXAS21002

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
margaretnadworn
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

KDS supports Kinetis MCUs  only.  It does not support the FXLC95000.   For this reason,  ISF1.1 for FXLC95000 only provides CodeWarrior projects.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
margaretnadworn
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

KDS supports Kinetis MCUs  only.  It does not support the FXLC95000.   For this reason,  ISF1.1 for FXLC95000 only provides CodeWarrior projects.

0 Kudos
vitaliysiplichu
Contributor III

Margaret,

Regarding to your message if I want to develop project with FXLC95000 as hub using any ISF my only way is to buy CodeWarrior license for at least $395 per year (limitation of 512K)?

Is where another way to use ISF example project with output file > 128K?

Maybe I can use ISF2 for FXLC95000  in KDS?

0 Kudos