Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G IPCF functional safety assumption

Jump to solution
zeyu_yan
Contributor III

Hello,

I use S32G IPCF to trasnfer signal from Mcore to Acore, and what is the assumption for IPCF to achieve ASIL B, should we create a protocol including E2E (CRC,Counter,Data ID)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxa11829
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If the memory used for data sharing between cores is ECC protected then E2E is not required. IPCF software is developed to ISO26262. Required assumptions are documented in the IPCF safety manual. This will be available in the RTM release at end of January 2022, when SafetyPackage_IPCF_*zip will be published in flexera.

Many thanks,

Alison

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
nxa11829
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If the memory used for data sharing between cores is ECC protected then E2E is not required. IPCF software is developed to ISO26262. Required assumptions are documented in the IPCF safety manual. This will be available in the RTM release at end of January 2022, when SafetyPackage_IPCF_*zip will be published in flexera.

Many thanks,

Alison

0 Kudos
zeyu_yan
Contributor III

hello,I still can not find this zip, where should I download this file(SafetyPackage_IPCF_*zip)?

thank you.

0 Kudos
naveenm
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am waiting for an answer from appropriate team to provide me the location of SafetyPackage_IPCF_*zip.

Will get back to you as soon as I receive reply.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

NaveenM

0 Kudos
zeyu_yan
Contributor III

Great,,thank you!

where should I download this safety manual when it is released?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
zeyu_yan
Contributor III

hello , I want to know , if I only apply <Memory protection> , can I achieve ASIL B or D? or there are other assumption ? like Safety mechanism E2E?

zeyu_yan_0-1641816953788.png

0 Kudos