Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue detecting and getting started S32K118EVB2Q048 in my PC

Jump to solution
AdityaB
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to get started with s32k118 for one of my poc project.

1. I went through the getting started video. Connected microUSB, made required Jumper changes. LED D1,D2 and D3 are glowing, but there is no RGB glowing.

2. Put board in bootloader mode by pressing reset and powering on the board. My Bootloader drive was visible in my pc, copy pasted MSD-DEBUG-S32K118EVB-Q064_Pemicro_v123.SDA and drive name changed to s32k118. Moved sample project 'Jumpstart_firmware.bin' into the Drive and restarted the Eval kit. No RGB Led was glowing.

3. Installed S32DS IDE and built the example project. When trying to Run hte project on the board, got the below error

2022-03-22_10h21_38.png

4. Installed freemaster and tried to connect to the eval kit and got below error.

2022-03-22_10h34_37.png

Please let me know why am i facing this issue and how to resolve this asap.

Thanks,

Aditya

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AdityaB
Contributor II

Hello @Robin_Shen 

I made all the jumper connections as asked by this URL. https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/get-started-with-the-s32k118evb:GS-S32K118EVB 

Only thing i observed is i got board with J104 in 1-2 position ,when J104 is put in 2-3 position, the eval kit works . I am able to below 4 things.

1.  Able to flash the demo S32K118_EVB_JumpStart_Sources.

2. Able to Run and Debug using s32DS IDE.

3. Able to control using freeMaster.

4. Error messages screenshot attached to this thread didnt appear.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AdityaB
Contributor II

Dear @Robin_Shen ,

Please comment on Points 3 and 4 as to why either S32Ds or FreeMaster is not able to Connect to the eval kit.

Attaching my device manager screenshot confirming that i have installed right drivers.

DeviceManager_ScreenshotDeviceManager_Screenshot

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Aditya,

You can find the S32K118_EVB_JumpStart_Firmware.srec in this folder: S32K118_EVB_JumpStart_Sources\S32K118_EVB_JumpStart_Firmware\Debug

After drop this file into S32K118EVB, it should be able to run this demo. 

S32K118_EVB_JumpStart_Firmware.png

If the S32K118_EVB_JumpStart_Firmware.srec works but the project did not work, then please check if the project generated correct codes and build\debug setting.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
AdityaB
Contributor II

Hi Robin,

I had done the same before. Retired the same with the .srec shared by you. RBG lights not glowing in eval kit. Also in free master the same error as attached before is reappearing. i am using 115200 as baudrate.

2022-03-22_16h52_43.png

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Aditya,

S32K118_EVB_JumpStart_Sources is developed on S32K118EVB-Q064 several years ago, but your board is S32K118EVB2Q048 just released several months ago. If you want to use this project, please check the difference between these two boards and modify the project.

Best Regards,
Robin

0 Kudos
AdityaB
Contributor II

Hi Robin,

We at Bosch are still at the evaluation stage. Please provide us with example projects so that we can speedup the evaluation of this NXP chipset for our project application. In the mean time I will try to make the changes if possible to make the S32K118_EVB_JumpStart_Sources work with my Eval kit.

With regards,
Aditya

0 Kudos
AdityaB
Contributor II

Hello @Robin_Shen 

I made all the jumper connections as asked by this URL. https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/get-started-with-the-s32k118evb:GS-S32K118EVB 

Only thing i observed is i got board with J104 in 1-2 position ,when J104 is put in 2-3 position, the eval kit works . I am able to below 4 things.

1.  Able to flash the demo S32K118_EVB_JumpStart_Sources.

2. Able to Run and Debug using s32DS IDE.

3. Able to control using freeMaster.

4. Error messages screenshot attached to this thread didnt appear.

0 Kudos
Ashish4525
Contributor II

Hi 

Can you send the s32k118EVBQ048 jumpstart code.

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please download S32K118EVB Evaluation Board – Software for FreeMASTER (S32K118_EVB_JumpStart_Sources).

0 Kudos
Ashish4525
Contributor II

Hi Robin

I have dumped the jump start code still one green led is blinking 8 times and getting off.No RGB blinking.

I have followed the setting up guide also.

may I know why is this happening?

with regards 

Ashish Pokhriyal

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to those two discussions:
"error 7" using MSD flash programmer for s32k118evb 
Unable to using MSD flash programmer for S32K118EVB2Q48

If OpenSDA still not work, please raise a question in community. Let us discussion it in your post.

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The default setting of J109\J110\J111 connect 1-2, but should be 2-3 in order connect the signals to GRB LEDs.

J109 J110 J111 2-3 RGB_.png

Try to connect 2-3 of J10, power the VDD of MCU by P5V0.

J10 2-3.png

Due to the D1(RESET_S32K) is glowing, you may need to halt the MCU by P&E Recovery Utility and then program it. You can refer: Can't use PEmicro debugger with S32K118EVB2-Q048

I didn't find other difference, so you can use:  
S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform Version: 3.4
S32 Design Studio S32K1XX SDK RTM 4.0.2

Remember Switch package for the Processor and Update Codes.

Switch package for the Processor.png

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos