Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPD BIST config question

Jump to solution
Pusoy
Contributor III

Hi,

In the section of STCU2 in the "S32K3xx Reference Manual, Rev. 7,05/2023", there are some precautions before self-test.
For the two items circled in the image, I couldn't find the corresponding implementation code in the "

S32K3 Safety Peripheral Drivers version 1.0.3

"

Pusoy_1-1702623528440.png

1. Are these two parts implemented in the S32K3 Safety Peripheral Drivers?

2. If they are implemented, can you please help me locate them?

Thank you very much!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

1. Are these reset sources in table 287 automatically disabled by BIST after the user runs BIST_RUN?

Yes. I expect that hardly one of those modules can request reset in RGM while its content is filled with test patterns.

2. Similarly, regarding the second highlighted area about disabling communication peripherals, do we need to manually code the shutdown of these peripherals before running BIST_RUN?

Yes, this was the common practice.

However, such routines could be now part of SPD /SAF driver (I would expect that). Since I do not know SAF in details but I do have deep knowledge on STCU.

Anyway it should be in documentation to the SAF /SPD or in some precondition BIST functions.

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

1. Are these reset sources in table 287 automatically disabled by BIST after the user runs BIST_RUN?

Yes. I expect that hardly one of those modules can request reset in RGM while its content is filled with test patterns.

2. Similarly, regarding the second highlighted area about disabling communication peripherals, do we need to manually code the shutdown of these peripherals before running BIST_RUN?

Yes, this was the common practice.

However, such routines could be now part of SPD /SAF driver (I would expect that). Since I do not know SAF in details but I do have deep knowledge on STCU.

Anyway it should be in documentation to the SAF /SPD or in some precondition BIST functions.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

FCCU RST is disabled by the BIST as description express:

petervlna_0-1702886102423.png

Second the corresponding PCTLs can be controlled by ME module. basically the note ask you to disable clocks to peripherals before test is started.

This is most probably implemented by BASE module of AUTOSAR drivers. I do not expect that this is the part of SDP driver as it is general Mode entry functionality.

For details refer to reference manual : 47.1.4 Core clock gating

petervlna_3-1702888459724.png

petervlna_1-1702887969159.png

For example:

petervlna_2-1702887980358.png

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Pusoy
Contributor III

Hello Peter,

Thank you very much for your reply. I apologize if my previous questions were not clear. I still have two questions that I haven't understood clearly:

I look forward to your reply. Thank you!

Pusoy_0-1702965820347.png

0 Kudos