Query Regarding GMAC Internal Loopback Example on S32K344 Eval Board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Regarding GMAC Internal Loopback Example on S32K344 Eval Board

aadyaa
Contributor II

I am writing to seek assistance regarding the GMAC_IP_InternalLoopback_Q172_S32K344 example code that I have been working with on my S32K344 evaluation board.

In my testing, I have made modifications to the configuration by deleting rmii_txd_1 and rmii_rxd1 as I do not want to perform a loopback test. Instead, I am trying to observe Ethernet frames using Wireshark software. To do this, I have connected an Ethernet cable between the S32K344 eval board and my PC.

However, despite these steps, I am unable to see any Ethernet frames on Wireshark. This leads me to wonder if there is something missing in my testing process. Specifically, I am curious if there are any jumpers that need to be connected on the S32K eval board to access the LAN port in the driver.

I have attached the example code that I have used for my testing for your reference. Any guidance or suggestions you can provide to help me troubleshoot and get the Ethernet frames to appear on Wireshark would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time and support.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @aadyaa 

My recommendation is to start with the LWIP example. The reason is that the loopback example was not tested with external PHY while the LWIP example was tested in this way.

You can download them from S32K3 Reference Software -> Automotive SW - S32K3 - Stacks.

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos

aadyaa
Contributor II

@VaneB  Thank you for your response. As per your suggestion I've installed the TCP/IP stack into S32 DS 3.5 and tried the lwip_baremetal_s32k344 example. Unfortunately, the code is entering an infinite loop, as shown in the attached image.

Any insights on resolving this issue would be appreciated.

aadyaa_0-1710332488199.png

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @aadyaa 

As previously said these example codes were implemented using an external PHY, so please ensure to have set the setup as mentioned in the documentation provided with the package. 

Also, I sent you a message with some useful tips and FAQs.

0 Kudos

aadyaa
Contributor II

@VaneB  I have carefully reviewed the attached document, and unfortunately, I do not have the complete setup for it.

I am using the S32K3X4EVB-Q172 (black colour) evaluation board. 

Could you please provide guidance or share any example code that is compatible with the S32K3X4EVB-Q172 evaluation board ?

Thank you very much for your assistance. I look forward to your response.

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @aadyaa 

I am afraid that the S32K3X4EVB-Q172 is no longer manufactured, so the example codes compatible with this board might be old. The lwIP example from SW32K3 TCP/IP 1.0.0 should work fine with S32K3X4EVB-Q172.

Note: this example could be worked only with RTD 1.0.0.

0 Kudos

aadyaa
Contributor II

I noticed notes about pin strapping in the evaluation board schematic

Notes on pin-strapping:
For MII Mode
Resistors R2188 and R2190 should have populated..

However, both resistor pins are labeled as DNP in the schematic. Could someone provide guidance on this? 

0 Kudos