Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash/upload the code to the target device

Jump to solution
akhilranga
Contributor IV

Hello,

Can someone please help me with explaining the proper way to flash the code in the target device using the J-Link Debuuger device using S32 Design Studio for ARM version 2018.R1. 

This is the Software default window. Can any one guide me through this

akhilranga_0-1703939867962.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@akhilranga

I think you are not operating the debugger correctly
1. If you don’t want to debug the code and just want to download the code to the MCU

Senlent_0-1704332585037.png

2. If you want to disconnect the debugger, please disconnect the debugger in the following option

Senlent_1-1704332621982.png

Please do not directly disconnect the debugger's hardware connection with the debugging interface open.

please check your J-LINK version

Segger: J-Link V9.4 and above + software J-Link V6.00d and above

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@akhilranga

Open:RUN->Debug Configurations

Senlent_0-1704165709571.png

0 Kudos
akhilranga
Contributor IV

Hi @Senlent 

I usually do the same thing for debugging process. But when i want to dump the code to the board i usually open debugging window and press play

akhilranga_0-1704273518236.png

and then remove the chords of J-Link Debugger module from the board and my pc. And once i do this it gives the following pop up.

akhilranga_1-1704273547450.png

But even after this pop up the board is flashed with the code and operates normally how it is intended to. But recently i noticed a something different which is when i connect the J-link debugger and process and start the debug and press resume on the debuging window all my CAN related frames are working normally but when i remove the chord as i said earlier i started noticing some missing CAN frames. So, that is the reason i was asking you for the right way to flash the code in to the board. Can you please help me identify what is the reason of the missing CAN frames. 

When the debugger is connected and when i press the resume the debugg session the CAN frames are being received with out any trouble but when i discinnect the J-Link Debugger hardware from my PC or fromt the board. I am starting miss some CAN frames. This is the issue. And from my point of i veiw i beleive the issue might be with the abrupt diconnecting  of J-Link Debugger Hardware from my PC. 

0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@akhilranga

I think you are not operating the debugger correctly
1. If you don’t want to debug the code and just want to download the code to the MCU

Senlent_0-1704332585037.png

2. If you want to disconnect the debugger, please disconnect the debugger in the following option

Senlent_1-1704332621982.png

Please do not directly disconnect the debugger's hardware connection with the debugging interface open.

please check your J-LINK version

Segger: J-Link V9.4 and above + software J-Link V6.00d and above

akhilranga
Contributor IV

Hi @Senlent 

My software version is SEGGER J-Link GDB Server V7.94c Command Line Version

akhilranga_0-1704445315952.png

But how can i check whether my J-Link is above V9.4 and above.

I tried to perform the operartion of flashing the target MCU and disconnecting as you mentioned earlier. But my disconnect option is disabled on my software. So, i am trying to figure how can i enable that disconnect option.

akhilranga_1-1704445668526.png

0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@akhilranga

1. There will be hardware version information on the debugger, or you can use J-Link Configurator to get the current version information

2.Sorry, the "disconnect" option cannot be used (I reproduced the problem), so you can use the "Terminate" option

0 Kudos