cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash by Can Bus

christofferjärl
Contributor II

Hi!

Is there anyone knowing of any ready solution to flash new program into a S32K144 by Can Bus?

Some kind of bootloader supporting can?

Or any possibility to adapt Kinetis Bootloader to work with S32K144?

Thank you! /Chris

0 Kudos
5 Replies

chwaitang
Contributor II

Hi Lucas,

I am working on using S32K146 with its 1MB program flash as follows:

1) Using its CAN/UART bootloader as a common entry point to download and store the program F/W for OTHER devices/modules which communicates with S32K MCU solely via CAN. The other devices are such On-board charger (OBC) and Vehicular Controller Unit (VCU) on board an electric vehicle. 

My intent is to download and store the F/W image for the above modules via bootloader on the S32K146. So the starting address to store the downloaded image must be greater than the end of  program code of the S32K146 application. Then the application running on S32K MCU will receive a command (via UART or CAN) to transmit the downloaded F/W image stored in its program flash to other modules via CAN interface. 

As such, I would like to have sample source code for RappID bootloader program and application note  to reference for this purpose. (The download link for RappID bootloader in previous post is unavailable or dead).

Please advise.

Thanks and best regards

Roy 

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

there’s Rappid bootloader which supports UART and CAN communication:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=RAPPID_BOOTLOADER_UTILITY

Notice that source code is not provided.

Then I have some sample codes for bootloader for S32K which I got from my colleagues but I’m not allowed to share it here on community. If you are interested, please create a ticket and I can send it to you: http://nxpcommunity.force.com/community/CommunityContextPage

I’m also checking if an application note will be available. I will let you know later.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

zky
Contributor I

Hi Mr Lukas,

How can i get some helo of documents and code about flash by uart.I think maybe i should download a bootloader to s32

MCU,and then make MCU running bootloader,and then program app code to flash by protocol in bootloader?

Now i can realize swd,because i can flash the mcu by swd now.but i have no idea about how to flash mcu by uart(bootloader),and do not have any documents or application note about this,i will apprecaite it if you could do me some favor,

Thanks

0 Kudos

christofferjärl
Contributor II

Thank you Lukas!

I'm coming from an Arduino environment so I'm new to a lot of things in this kind of MCU programming. 

A lot to take in and keep track of in the beginning..

I decided to start learn and get the RappID bootloader working and evaluate it to see if I need to go further and take your help and look at some other examples or not.

I've got everything working, flashed the bootloader example from s32ds.

But could you help me with exactly which changes I need to do to an existing Application code to get it work with the bootloader installed.

Talking about memory locations, RCHW and theese things, and also a little explanation for dummies.. ;-)

/Chris

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chris,

there's example project in the S32DS.

Click on File -> New -> S32DS Project from Example

Then scroll down in the example list and search for bootloader_s32k (it should be the last one).

This project is modified, so it can be used directly with Rappid bootloader. Just read the description in the right window.

Then you can write some simple project (like LED blinking) and then try to use Rappid bootloader the load the project to your device. Notice that the bootloader must be flashed to the device by JTAG.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos