Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-S32K144 CAN port header incorrect

Jump to solution
saurabh_mehta
Contributor I

Hello,

While woking on the Example project "can_pal_s32k144" on the evaluation board I find that communication is happening on pins at CAN1 header instead of CAN0.

I wonder if the CAN headers are incorrectly tagged on the board. Could someone from NXP confirm?

saurabh_mehta_2-1608280210241.png

saurabh_mehta_3-1608280464361.png

The project is attached - simpler version of "can_pal_s32k144".

And here the snapshot of CAN messages sent out from other side which are successfuly received through CAN1 header but not from CAN0.

can_msg.png

IDE version:

saurabh_mehta_0-1608279814551.png

SDK version:

saurabh_mehta_1-1608280004650.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

saurabh_mehta,

Sorry for my previous inaccurate reply!
SDK is for the S32K microcontroller, irrespective of the development kit.
But the Examples and Demos of SDK are developed on Supported Boards. For example: S32K144EVB and S32K144-MB are supported by this application(can_pal_s32k144).

Boards supported.png

If you want to use Examples and Demos on FRDM KFA Board, you need to modify the software configuration according to the difference between S32K144EVB and FRDM KFA Board.

Yes. You are correct. The header name on the board is the opposite of the actual circuit connection. 
Thank you for the report!

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi saurabh_mehta,

These SDK is for S32K144EVB: S32K144 Evaluation Board

The board on your hand seems to be: FRDM KFA Board 

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
saurabh_mehta
Contributor I

Hello @Robin_Shen 

To my understanding SDK is for the S32K microcontroller, irrespective of the development kit -- or am i mistaken?

and from FRDM KFA Board.pdf, the PTE4/PTE5 should map to CAN0

Then why does communication happens over header marked as CAN1 instead of CAN0?

uC.png

CAN.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

saurabh_mehta,

Sorry for my previous inaccurate reply!
SDK is for the S32K microcontroller, irrespective of the development kit.
But the Examples and Demos of SDK are developed on Supported Boards. For example: S32K144EVB and S32K144-MB are supported by this application(can_pal_s32k144).

Boards supported.png

If you want to use Examples and Demos on FRDM KFA Board, you need to modify the software configuration according to the difference between S32K144EVB and FRDM KFA Board.

Yes. You are correct. The header name on the board is the opposite of the actual circuit connection. 
Thank you for the report!

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:

0 Kudos