cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing the QSPI image on to S32G-VNP-EVB3

madhu-krishnamurthy
Contributor I

Hi 

My company bought this evaluation kit S32G-VNP-EVB3.  The processor is NXP S32G399A rev. 1.0

The user manual has commands for downloading the images to SD Card, eMMC using software.

But my question is about downloading the QSPI image using a JTAG probe.

The User Manual says that I can download  the QSPI image  "Using S32FlashTool from S32 Design Studio".  But I am not sure what flash programmer (JTAG)  I need to use with it.   

However I do have 'Codewarrior TAP' and  Segger Jlink Probes. Can I use either of these to download the QSPI image ?  

Appreciate if you can let me know.

Thanks and best regards

Madhu

0 Kudos
3 Replies

bhavanak
Contributor I

Hi, 

Madhu and I used Lauterbach to download boot image to the flash ( pre-built yocto image fsl-image-flash-s32g399aevb.flashimage). We believe the write went through successfully. However,we are unable to boot from qspi flash. The uart console does not print anything. We made sure the jumper settings are set currently as per S32G3_LinuxBSP_31.0_user_manual for qspi boot (boot from parallel rcon section of the document). Are we missing something? 

Also, this may or may not be related. The schematic mentions that the jumper J86 which is by default in debug mode should be left open to power up VR5510 in normal mode. Is this step necessary to boot? 

0 Kudos

Contributor II

You should check the sd card。I downlod imagefiles again。

0 Kudos

justinlydick
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Madhu,

JTAG can be used to download QSPI application to flash memory, but currently this is only supported using Lauterbach.

The S32FlashTool uses serial/UART or CAN to download applications to external eMMC or QSPI flash, so no JTAG tools are required.  The S32FlashTool is included with S32 Design Studio 3.4 under C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\S32DS\tools\S32FlashTool\.  There is a GUI and command-line mode, as well as documentation.

Thanks,

Justin

0 Kudos