Is it necessary to create NPF file for LIN Communication in S32?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it necessary to create NPF file for LIN Communication in S32?

mbtmxk1
Contributor II

now i am start to develop about lin communication,after read the LIN User Manual , i was told that the development sequence should do as below:

1.create npf and ldf file and generate .c/.h files(lin_cfg.c lin_cfg.h lin_hw_cfg.h),then copy them to your source project 

2. finish your Lin logic in application layer

3.compiling the source code to verify your function

is it correct?

but  i can not see any npf files in Lin examples project in S32 Design Studio for ARM,only ldf file can be found inside,Why? why the generated file contains lin_hw_cfg.h which is supposed generated by NPF file? and when i intended to create a npf file i can not found any proper mcu name in option list (KEA-144 i used now)....

Thanks

4 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

I'm not much familiar with the LIN interface - but you can start with S32DS LIN example. Click on File -> New -> Project from Example and choose S32K14x_EAR_SDK_v0.8.5 Example Project lin_master_s32k144

pastedImage_1.png

I assume that the node config file (npf) is part of processor expert: 

pastedImage_2.png

Jiri

mbtmxk1
Contributor II

thank you for your reply,Jiri.

I did create and analyse the  S32DS LIN examples(Master and Slave), only ldf file could be found in inside, so i just doubt the necessary of NPF for LIN configuration.do you have any idea about this?

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

the NPF file is not used for S32DS and SDK. Info from NPF is inside Processor Expert lin_cfg. 

Jiri

mbtmxk1
Contributor II

Ok

thank you so much,Jiri

0 Kudos