cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running same project on different processors of same family

Jump to solution
tech_iot
Contributor I

I have a project running on S32k148 Eval board developed in S32 Design Studio.

Now requirement is to enable the same project to be able to run on the different processors of the same family (146 and 144 dev board) ideally by user have ability to switch processor . Development will go parallel to each other as different team members have different dev kits due to supply chain issues. 

What would be the best way to do that. 

I have already put in place the header guards to switch inside my code for application code but not sure how to select the right processor in project.

First thought was to create separate configurations but that still looks like not as practical and a lot of manual work with no clear path if that will work for continuous development.

Can anyone please suggest the best way to deal with this scenario.

I have already looked at one of the other somewhat similar question but its not the same scenario here due to parallel development on different processors using the exactly the same code for application.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/HOWTO-Change-the-CPU-Derivative-in-an-...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
tech_iot
Contributor I

I have managed to workout the solution for this problem.

1. By using the separate configuration for each variant of the processor 
  2. Removing unrelated startup files etc from the configuration using the configuration explorer option
  3. Adding the relevant paths to include for each config

View solution in original post

1 Reply
tech_iot
Contributor I

I have managed to workout the solution for this problem.

1. By using the separate configuration for each variant of the processor 
  2. Removing unrelated startup files etc from the configuration using the configuration explorer option
  3. Adding the relevant paths to include for each config