cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCS[0:5] signals of SPI module

nileshkhupase
Contributor I

Hello All,

Can we assert all PCS[0:5] signals of SPI module, simultaneously? I just want to check the possibility of using other PCS signals instead of GPIOs as Slave RESET pins when my Master is configuring address of First slave after power up. We will have only one PCS signal connected to All the slaves. In user manual of LS1021A, it is mentioned that "6 peripheral chip selects (PCSes), expandable to 64 with external demultiplexer". We do not require external demultiplexer for our application.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

Yes all PCS[0:5] signals of SPI module can be asserted simultaneously. The executing SPI Command determines which PCS signals to assert. See SPIx_PUSHR in the reference manual for details on the SPI command fields. Pay attention to 5-bit field SPIx_PUSHR[PCS].

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos