cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P1013 etsec1 not working

Jump to solution
supriyoganguly
Contributor I

I am using u-boot for testing tsec. It is setting the TBASE properly and status in 0x9C00 i.e. I am setting the ready bit.

In our design we have 64bit DDR3. The buffer and buffer descriptor are both in DDR3.

But it is not sending the packet over wire. The status is not changing from 0x9C00. Our phy is Micrel KSZ90.

Please help me to come out of the issue.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From the PHY name you specified I understand that the connection type is RGMII. Yes, for this connection type transmission clock is output for the P1013 device, input clock which should be checked is GTX_CLK125. There are two GTX_CLK125 inputs, one per each TSEC, and each GTX_CLK125 input is multiplexed with some other functions at the pin:

TSEC_1588_TRIG_IN1/GPIO1[13]USB2_PWRFAULT/TSEC2_GTX_CLK125

TSEC1_GTX_CLK125/GPIO2[24]

So, if you see input clock is correctly applied to the input pin, than please check that the correct function of the pin is selected to properly route this input clock to the TSEC controller inside the chip

View solution in original post

4 Replies
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. Please check if transmitter is properly clocked

2. Please check that this is not a cache coherency issue, for example temporary disable data cache or mark TX BD area as cache-inhibited and check if the problem appears in this case.

0 Kudos
supriyoganguly
Contributor I

Can you please elaborate what is transmitter clock?

I understood the 125MHz from PHY itself is the reference clock for tsec and this clock is coming.

0 Kudos
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From the PHY name you specified I understand that the connection type is RGMII. Yes, for this connection type transmission clock is output for the P1013 device, input clock which should be checked is GTX_CLK125. There are two GTX_CLK125 inputs, one per each TSEC, and each GTX_CLK125 input is multiplexed with some other functions at the pin:

TSEC_1588_TRIG_IN1/GPIO1[13]USB2_PWRFAULT/TSEC2_GTX_CLK125

TSEC1_GTX_CLK125/GPIO2[24]

So, if you see input clock is correctly applied to the input pin, than please check that the correct function of the pin is selected to properly route this input clock to the TSEC controller inside the chip

supriyoganguly
Contributor I

Thank you. Now it is working.

0 Kudos