High Voltage Motor Control Platform - Javascript error in the FreeMASTER ACIM demo app

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Voltage Motor Control Platform - Javascript error in the FreeMASTER ACIM demo app

Jump to solution
johnwood101
Contributor I

I bought the High Voltage Motor Control Platform with the

HVPKV46F150MUG_high_voltage_processor_module.

The firmware compiled and uploaded OK with latest Linux  MCUxpresso ide

and installing  the

SDK_2.x_HVP-K46F150M

into the ide and then importing   acim  example via  "Import SDK examples" option.

No problems with the compile / firmware upload.

Tried to power up the motor with FreeMASTER 3.2 - running under Virtualbox Windows VM

using an old (2017) copy of

acim_ref_sol.pmp.  It connected correctly at 19,200 baud  but with a lot of non-javascript 'missing freemaster variables errors',

but it would spin the motor.  I couldn't complete the motor tests because of the missing variables. It would just report crazy negative estimated speeds.

Now, I tried instead the  same  acim.pmp  which came with the above SDK.

Even though it does connect over UART at 19200, it doesnt run at all because

I just get the following error, and the GUI is not operational

--- See attachment for image of error

Is there a newer version of ACIM or anything else I can try.

Strangely,  even the old   acim_ref_sol.pmp   which used to  kind-of run,

now reports these same javascript errors as in the attachment.

thanks for looking at this.

I can't really get past this error.

John

0 Kudos
1 Solution
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos
6 Replies
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

Just to clarify, I'm assuming you're using the ACIMKV46DEMOUG User's Guide as a reference.

On the other hand, I recommend you to use FreeMASTER tool 3.1 – Linux installer instead of using Virtualbox Window, you can download it from FreeMASTER Run-Time Debugging Tool.

Hope it helps you. Please let me know if you have more questions about it.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
johnwood101
Contributor I

Yes, I am working from instructions in ACIMKV46DEMOUG  which seems to date from 2020.

but I cannot find a recent  acim_ref_sol.pmp  file  to operate the the demo.

The only one I can find is from 2017 as comes as part of MCRSP_ACIM_V1.2.0

This 2017 software expects to be installed on Kinetis Design Studio 3.2.0.

When I compile under KDS, the firmware doesnt run --- communication cannot be established with Freemaster.

If I build the more recent  MCUexpressoIDE   ACIM project,  the  firmware does run, but I believe that now the  old  2017  acim_ref_sol.pmp   is  not properly compatible with this firmware - and hence the warning messages about unknown  FreeMASTER variables.

When I try to setup a motor, the sensorless mode doesnt run correctly (it only works about 400rpm).

I tried FreeMASTER3.1 but on Linux, it only installed the  LITE version, not the full version.

I think if I had an   acim_ref_sol.pmp    which is more up to date then my problems would be over.

( The latest SDK for MCUexpressoIDE to match for the  hvpkv46f  does not include a new  pmp file.)

I found one called   acim.pmp  somewhere on the internet but this does not work.

I think if you had an newer   acim_ref_sol.pmp   to match the  MCUexpressoIDE ACIM demo, then my problems would be over.

best regards

John

0 Kudos
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry, what version of SDK are you using? Since the SDK for HVP-KV46F (2.8.0) does have the .pmp file in the following path:

nxf86756_0-1662771050414.png

On the other hand, I must admit that I am working on Windows and we have not tested anything about this on virtual machines on Linux.

If you still have questions regarding FreeMASTER, I recommend you ask in the FreeMASTER Community where our experts in this tool can help you in more detail.

0 Kudos
johnwood101
Contributor I

Hello,

yes, I am using HVP-KV46F (2.8.0) 

and I reloaded it again, remembering to tick the  freemaster  tickbox, and now found acim.pmp.

However, when I run it, I still see this message:

johnwood101_1-1662796712579.png

It looks like the error is to do with Javascript.

( The  old  2017   acim_ref_sol.pmp  which came with

High Voltage Motor Control Platform   software

does not show this error,  so it must me something introduced

between the two version of the  .pmp file. )

Please could you tell me which version of Windows is it that

the acim.pmp   is running on for you? 

( the acim.pmp  which comes with HVP-KV46F (2.8.0))

I will go and buy a bare metal Windows machine to check if it works.

thanks

John

0 Kudos
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Windows 10

0 Kudos
johnwood101
Contributor I

thanks for your help.  I have it running correctly now on the Windows machine,  but after motor identification,  the control is not stable below 300rpm on a 1500rpm 0.55kW ACIM in sensorless FOC .

I had previously tried ST's motion control development system X-Cube-MCSDK and had the same problem with it's FOC algorithm, so this is not unique to NXP  / Freescale  code.

I've also tried a commerical Invertek inverter  which works correctly, and just now I tested the TI  InstaSPIN HV development kit on Windows, and it will run the same motor stably down to 20rpm,  so  I think I'll be using the  TMDSCNCD280049C  processor for this project.

John

0 Kudos