Problem with SJA1105Q ACU table (UM11040)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SJA1105Q ACU table (UM11040)

MaRo
Contributor I

Hi,

I came across a possible inconsistency in the UM11040 (Rev.2 - 5 February 2020) when configuring the Auxiliary Configuration Unit via static configuration (chapter 5.5 ACU Table):

Could it be possible, that the Table 32 (ACU table) is not correct?

According to this table, we have to write the data of register "UNIT_DISABLE" first, then "RGMII_MEAS_SETUP (reserved)", then "TS_CONFIG" and so on. But after reading out the registers via the Dynamic Control Interface (chapter 6.4 Auxiliary Configuration Unit), I recognized that the values did not match the configured data and I came to the conclusion, that the values were "reversed" (register CFG_PAD_MII0_TX has the value of UNIT_DISABLE an vice versa, CFG_PAD_MII0_RX has the value of RGMII_MEAS_SETUP,...). Only the register in the middle ("CFG_PAD_MII0_ID") had the correct value!

The code generation is done with the provided SAJ1105 Config-Gentool (Python scripts). The "acu_configuration_table_layout" matches to the layout described in the User Manual.

Then I "inverted" this table layout in "table_sja1105pqrs.py" (moved CFG_PAD_MII0_TX to the bottom, UNIT_DISABLE to the top and so on) and generated the code again and now everything works as expected!

0 Kudos
0 Replies