Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7412 how to connect n.c. pins

Jump to solution
Vlatakomarac
Contributor II

Hello,

We are using PN7412 in our application. It belongs to the PN7462 family but it doesn't have contactless functionalities.

It has 5 n.c. pins which don't have clear connection instructions. In pinout table-4 of the datasheet (page 15/114) it is said to "See UM10858 for connection details". The pins that are n.c. are RXN, RXP, VMID, ANT1 and ANT2. 

The problem is when we look at UM10858, there are no instructions what to do with these n.c. pins when they are not used, which is the case with PN7412.

Can anybody point me to these connection instructions please. Should these pins be left open or something different? Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Vulinovic Nikola

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for submitting this question. My apologies for the delayed response.

As indicated in the documentation, these are not connected pins don't have any circuit functionality, so these pins can be left out floating.

Best Regards,
Fabian

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vlatakomarac
Contributor II

Hello @Fabian_R 

I didn't understand the documentation well then. Thank you so much for your answer!

Best Regards,

Vulinovic Nikola

0 Kudos
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for submitting this question. My apologies for the delayed response.

As indicated in the documentation, these are not connected pins don't have any circuit functionality, so these pins can be left out floating.

Best Regards,
Fabian