Optical Link for RGMII using LS1046A on custom board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optical Link for RGMII using LS1046A on custom board

Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi, we are using a custom board based on LS1046ARDB, the custom board uses Marvell Phy (88E1512), which supports both Electrical and Optical Ethernet.

The Electrical ethernet (RJ45) is working fine (ping is working fine), however iam unable to switch to Optical Ethernet in kernel mode (please let me know what can be done, attached is the dts file).

But when i change the dts to usdpaa.dts and run the dpdk-l2fwd application the optical port is working and forwarding the packets. However in Kernel mode optical SFP is not working

Please provide your help 

Thank u.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

LFGP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

the application you are running exits in the user-space and can't not be used in kernel-mode, 

some important concepts:

""Depending on which architecture your driver is running on, and how the kernel was configured, the user-space pointers may not be valid while running in kernel mode at all. There may be no mapping for that address, or it could point to some other, random data.

Even if the pointer does mean the same thing in kernel space, user-space memory is paged, and the memory in question might not be resident in RAM when the system call is made. Attempting to reference the user-space memory directly could generate a page fault, which is something that kernel code is not allowed to do."" 

0 Kudos

Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi, thank u for the reply,

Please note that we are using Marvell Phy Driver which is provided by LSDK21.08,

Also in uboot when i do Mdio list following results are displayed

=> mdio list
mdio@fc000:
0 - Marvell 88E151x <--> fm1-mac4
1 - Marvell 88E151x <--> fm1-mac3
mdio@e9000:
mdio@fd000:
0 - Marvell 88E151x <--> fm1-mac6
1 - Marvell 88E151x <--> fm1-mac5
mdio@eb000:
mdio@e1000:

But iam unable to ping in Fibre Mode.

Please let me know what can be done.

Thank u.

0 Kudos

LFGP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
if you can ping using the copper mode but not pinging using fibber mode so the problem is the driver, unfortunately driver modification/develop is out of  scope technical support. NXP has pro-support by payment, they can help you with your driver, or you can ask to Marvell regarding the driver.
0 Kudos

Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi,

With respect to the subject, also please find attached the Schematics of relevant pages.

Please provide your help.

Thank u.

0 Kudos

Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi all, Awaiting for your reply, please provide your Help/Support.

Thank u

0 Kudos