I2s on LPCXPRESSO55s69

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2s on LPCXPRESSO55s69

scoottroop
Contributor I

Hello again, i'm still trying to configure i2s for my LPCXpresso55S69, and don't know what I'm doing wrong. So i need answer to a few questions:
1. Do i need to use the codec? I've rearranged an old example but i do not use the codec. I've configured pins PIO19-21 for i2s using flexcomm4, initiated it in the peripherals and given it a clock. I also enable the clock in my source code. But i do not know if it is correct.

2. I'm using the microcontroller as slave: i've put input from an audio analyzer, they give the correct input when monitoring via an oscilloscope but i only get the error: ASSERT ERROR " fsl_i2s.c:452 : (transfer->dataSize % 4U) == 0U
Can someone help me figure this out?  Thank you in advance! ill send my project if anyone wants to have a look. Just tell me if something is not clear.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I'm following your case and I have this information. 

The PIO0_19 has communication direct to the WM8904 if you want to try the I2S direct to the Arduino pins maybe you will need a rework on our board.

Pavel_Hernandez_1-1711573018957.png

Pavel_Hernandez_2-1711573047333.png

I recommend review the examples available on the SDK.

Pavel_Hernandez_0-1711572932607.png

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos

scoottroop
Contributor I

Hello again Pavel. I've gone through it all and cannot figure out if I can connect directly to the codec through the i2s, so I will use the examples to receive data through the AUX input. I'm going to do a ping pong buffer, but first I only need to receive data and not send it out again. Therefore Tx in the examples are useless. However, removing the code I'm not sure I get an input. I've tried just to put a PRINTF to print the buffer to see if i get any values, but removing the Tx from the code doesn't give me any data. Do you have any suggestions? I've used this post as a reference to ping pong buffer although it's not completely right: 
Real-time DSP using the LPC55S69 i2s Examples - NXP Community

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, if you have some issues using the I2S on the line that the Codec is connected maybe you will need to use the Arduino pins, but you will need to modify the example to use the right MUX of the I2S available, I reviewed the schematic and the looks FC3_I2S available on that pin.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos

scoottroop
Contributor I
Hey! i do not have an Pmod expansion, would it be possible to send in the signal directly though a wire into the pppc062ljbn-rc, or do I need to purchase a host PMOD?
0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, if you are referring to the header pins, like the image below in some cases that are included on your board, if not you need to populate them.

Pavel_Hernandez_0-1712615723858.png

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos

scoottroop
Contributor I

Ah I see, thank you! I will try the example by connecting i2s to the specific pins specified by the example tomorrow and come back to you if I have more questions!

I don't want to receive i2s signals through the AUX, that is the only thing.it should be possible to use the specified pins on the EV kit instead right? Otherwise what are those pins even for?

Thank you again!

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Pavel, and I will be supporting your case, let me get into your case and when I have more information, I will contact you.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos