cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTP5332 in hard power down mode follow-up

peter_n06
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a follow-up question toNTP5332 in hard power down mode .

It looks like the HPD feature will not help me then, since I would like to be able to access the tag via NFC at any time. Also, I would like to be able to wake up my application when NFC is starting to talk, but from what I’ve tested, it looks like that ED pin is not working when in HPD mode either. Is it correct ?

My backup solution may be standby mode. Consumption is higher, but probably still low enough for my needs. However, I’m confused about how to use this mode from the I2C master standpoint. Datasheet says I should pull HPD high for at least 20us then release it to exit standby. But if I set AUTO_STANDBY_MODE_EN=1 in CONFIG_0, the tag automatically returns in standby mode when HPD is released.

Is there a way to control enter/exit from standby mode from I2C standpoint? Or can it be managed only from NFC side ?

Thanks again for your support! Best regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please provide more details on what do you mean by not having communication and no battery ?

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

joschka_traupe
Contributor I

Is it possible to supply the ntp with the own harvesting and supply the rest of the circuit with the battery (correct me if there no battery)?

So is there a point to communicate with the ntp without a present field? otherwise the consumtion is 0

Thats how we avoid the HPD-Mode and the Standby consumtion

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It can be managed from both sides, still, it you set the AUTO_STANDBY_MODE_EN the device  will enter standby mode after boot if there is no RF field present automatically.

Actually the AUTO_STANDBY_MODE_EN  is enabled to be written only form the I2C perspective, nevertheless, you will need to make sure that you are selecting the correct address from the memory map from the I2C perspective.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

peter_n06
Contributor I

Hello,

I am still facing this challenge and would appreciate any support!

Thanks & best regards

0 Kudos