How to turn on LEDs with NFC and at the same time send a URL to the phone?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn on LEDs with NFC and at the same time send a URL to the phone?

aghilas-du94
Contributor I

Hello

I am developing a product and I would like to integrate an NFC chip into my system.
I want to send an URL to my laptop and at the same time turn on LEDs on my product with an NFC chip.
At first to do experiments, I took a PN532 chip and an arduino nano, I followed tutorials and I can read the UID of my phone (which changes with each scan I do not know why ??)
but impossible to use the PN532 as a simple tag my phone does not even recognize it.

How can I do this?

Do I use the right material? maybe another NFC chip is more convenient? Which shield should I work with?

Thank you in advance for your time.
Have a good day !

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RockMan57
Contributor I

After glowing randomly, all LEDs light up simultaneously and then go out. If I understand your question, this is possible when turning on or coming out of sleep mode due to a user operation or motion sensor triggering. I am not good at this, so I decided to simplify my task and started looking for a LED strip that does not need to be additionally configured. Friends advised me to try a strip with a reaction to music. I think it would be cool after a day of work. It took me a long time to find the right one, but I stopped at this https://www.vont.com/product/smart-strip-lights-led-strip-lights/. What do you think is a good alternative to more complicated lights?

0 Kudos

nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Hope you are doing well. Do you want to send an URL from your phone to your Laptop (Phone->PN532->Arduino->Laptop)?

Do you want to turn on a LED with your Arduino when the PN532 send the URL to the laptop?

Would the URL change? Or would it be the same URL?

Could you please describe in a little more detail? These questions are for a better understanding of your application.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

aghilas-du94
Contributor I

Hello,

I made a mistake not to the laptop but to the phone, I just want to turn on a LED with Arduino when the PN532 send the URL to the phone as a classic NFC tag, the URL can be the same.

I want that by approaching the phone of PN32, a web page launches on the phone and at the same time a led lights up thanks to arduino. 
Thank you for your reply. 

0 Kudos

nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have answered to you in your internal case with the additional information you provided.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos