HW Changes for matching OM25180FDK to OM29263ADK?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW Changes for matching OM25180FDK to OM29263ADK?

ryan4volts
Contributor I

Hi All,

I have been following the knowledge based article
https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Designs-Knowledge-Base/Design-your-NFC-Antenna-with-NXP-s-OM29263AD...
and trying to match my PN5180 eval board (OM25180FDK) with the Antenna Examples (OM29263ADK). Reading through the article and watching the video its stated thath C01 and C01 should be replaced (both with the same designator?). Though the board itself only has parts in the 3xx. The following 3 capacitor pairs are options following them:
- C310/C314
- C306/C321
-2x unlabelled ones close to MCU within the same EMC filter circuit.

Needless to say I have tested all 3 combination replacements though none appear to work. I know my device is still functional because I can still use the old antenna (after be broken off) in the same manner.
The reason I say it doesn't work is simply because the IRQ/BUSY signals dont show activity when presented with an NFC reader.

I am simply hoping to gauge how their read range works when enclosed without our product.

I could not find a schematic for the OM25180FDK devboard which would greatly assist with using the PN5180 and matching circuit as well.

EDIT: Please note that I am operating in CE mode based on the "NfcrdlibEx8_HCE_T4T" firmware.

Ryan.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I send the schematic to you via your email. And you can check your board the RX path following the application note. URL:https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/application-note/AN11740.pdf.

Hope it help you. Have a nice day.

Please let me know if you have any question.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos