Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General question about developing for PHDC usb devices

Jump to solution
DuncanS
Contributor I

Greetings,

I'm a developer on a web based application, part of which tracks patient health records.  One part of the application is the ability to link patients accounts with Health Vault.  We briefly investigated USB biometric devices (scales, glucose meters etc..) which fed directly into Health Vault, which could then be pulled into our application.  I've been tasked with looking into what would be involved with getting our application to communicate with these devices directly (or at least a handful of specific ones). 

I'm trying to get a foothold here in unfamilar territroy.  Most of my work for our application is Java, but I'm pretty good with C/C++.  Would USB Stack with PHDC be useful in this endeavor, that being to basically write a communication layer with preexisting USB devices.   I also saw, but was unable to install, the medical connectivity library.  Would either of these be where I should be looking to move forward on this... or am I just way off and there is another way to go about this.  I'm just trying to gather what might involved at this point and what would be the technology needed.

Thanks for any insight into this.

Duncan

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
MedicalApplicat
Contributor III

Hi!

I assume you want to develop similar manager than this one (LNI HealthLink), this is Continua compliant and there is a trial you can download in their webpage:

http://www.lnihealth.com/;jsessionid=C57858156900EB18C0E29ADF19384D1E?wicket:bookmarkablePage=:com.l...

Our MCF51MM and 9S08MM products are supported by the USB stack with PHDC, the PHDC class enables Continua Health Alliance ready communication with a manager such a HealthLink. This stack can be downloaded to our USB microcontrollers mentioned above (among others) and simulate medical device communication (i.e. pulseoximeter, blood pressure monitors, glucometers) to this kind of managers.

Here is one quickstart for customers who buy our TWR-MCF51MM development board where you can findthe software necessary to communicate with HealthLink (simulating a medical device with our tower development board)

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/support_info/MCF51MM256LAB2.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Supporting Information&WT_VENDOR=FREESCALE&WT_FILE_FORMAT=pdf&WT_ASSET=Documentation

Also the firmware used for that communication in the TWR-MCF51MM can be downloaded from our webpage for free.

TWR-MCF51MM_LAB2SW  
TWR-MCF51MM_LAB2 Software
Software to create your personal health record by interfacing the...

The full USB stack with PHDC can be downloaded from our webpage:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MEDICALUSB&tid=vanmedicalusb

I believe you cant install medical connectivity library because of incompatibility of the current USB stack with PHDC with latest medical connectivity library, we are working to fix this issue...

But you can enter a service request (www.freescale.com/support) and they might send you the correct version of the  Medical Connectivity Library which will work with the current or previous usb stack with PHDC. Just tell them downloads are not compatible! they will know what to do.

Medical Connectivity Library will add transport independent IEEE 11073 and Continua Health Alliance communication layer over the existing USB stack with PHDC.

For additional info please enter a service request and ask this to be redirected to product marketer of USB stack with PHDC, we will get you additional support if needed.

best regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MedicalApplicat
Contributor III

Hi!

I assume you want to develop similar manager than this one (LNI HealthLink), this is Continua compliant and there is a trial you can download in their webpage:

http://www.lnihealth.com/;jsessionid=C57858156900EB18C0E29ADF19384D1E?wicket:bookmarkablePage=:com.l...

Our MCF51MM and 9S08MM products are supported by the USB stack with PHDC, the PHDC class enables Continua Health Alliance ready communication with a manager such a HealthLink. This stack can be downloaded to our USB microcontrollers mentioned above (among others) and simulate medical device communication (i.e. pulseoximeter, blood pressure monitors, glucometers) to this kind of managers.

Here is one quickstart for customers who buy our TWR-MCF51MM development board where you can findthe software necessary to communicate with HealthLink (simulating a medical device with our tower development board)

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/support_info/MCF51MM256LAB2.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Supporting Information&WT_VENDOR=FREESCALE&WT_FILE_FORMAT=pdf&WT_ASSET=Documentation

Also the firmware used for that communication in the TWR-MCF51MM can be downloaded from our webpage for free.

TWR-MCF51MM_LAB2SW  
TWR-MCF51MM_LAB2 Software
Software to create your personal health record by interfacing the...

The full USB stack with PHDC can be downloaded from our webpage:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MEDICALUSB&tid=vanmedicalusb

I believe you cant install medical connectivity library because of incompatibility of the current USB stack with PHDC with latest medical connectivity library, we are working to fix this issue...

But you can enter a service request (www.freescale.com/support) and they might send you the correct version of the  Medical Connectivity Library which will work with the current or previous usb stack with PHDC. Just tell them downloads are not compatible! they will know what to do.

Medical Connectivity Library will add transport independent IEEE 11073 and Continua Health Alliance communication layer over the existing USB stack with PHDC.

For additional info please enter a service request and ask this to be redirected to product marketer of USB stack with PHDC, we will get you additional support if needed.

best regards

0 Kudos
DuncanS
Contributor I

Thank you very much for the informative and useful reply -- exactly what I was hoping for.

Regards,

Duncan

0 Kudos