BSP Cloning Wizard Fails with IAR (MQX 4.1.1)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP Cloning Wizard Fails with IAR (MQX 4.1.1)

Jump to solution
razed11
Contributor V

Hi,

I tried to clone the K64 FRDM BSP for IAR. It seemed to run to completion but when I open the build_libs workspace there are no files listed to compile. All the expected projects exist but they contain no files.

The BCW console output displayed the following assertion error 18 times:

Generating: BSP for iar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASSERTION FAILED:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

file : \<C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\tools\generator\project.exe>iar\common\CommonEwpFile.pm

line : 307

args : 

args : unset param 'value'

Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 12.41.31 PM.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kenny,

You are right.  I can reproduce this issue; I will report this to the development team.

Thank you for your feedback!

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
tomassimicek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This was fixed in BSP Cloning Wizard patch for MQX 4.1.1 (available here https://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=FSLMQXCW_4_1_1_OS).

Patch also adds support for the "Kinetis Design Studio" and fixes some bugs (e.g missing globals_full.yml or missing FFS support for K60/K70 boards) in the tool.

0 Kudos
razed11
Contributor V

Punted and used 4.0.1 (patched). Boo.

0 Kudos
razed11
Contributor V

Any update on this? I have a board coming in next week and need to create my BSP.

Thanks,

Kenny

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kenny,

I haven't heard of an update on this issue but will ask.

I'm trying to load my "BSPCloningWizard" folder that goes in the "tools" folder.  It is 53MBytes so may not load but I am going to try.

Please archive off your folder and try my folder....OK that didn't work :-( .

I'll try to send a link for you to get the ZIP file.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
razed11
Contributor V

Hi Everyone,

The folder David sent did not solve the problem. I uninstalled everything (MQX 4.1.0 for FRDM), MQX 4.1.1 (where I attempted to clone), KDS, KSDK 1.0.0).

I then downloaded MQX 4.1.1 and installed again. After correcting the globals_full.yml (or whatever it was called) I tried to clone the FRDM64 and it failed in exactly the same way.

My board will arrive in two days and I have nothing to run on it. I'm not sure what else to do. I posted on September 19th. This problem was confirmed by at least one employee and one forum member. I also posted the error from the Perl script.

Incidentally, before I uninstalled everything I tried a clone from the MQX 4.1.0 FRDM install and it worked.

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kenny,

You are right.  I can reproduce this issue; I will report this to the development team.

Thank you for your feedback!

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
razed11
Contributor V

Thank you for spending the time to reproduce this.

Will I have to clone manually? I guess I'll have to do this manually? I'll need to do this within a couple of weeks.

Kenny

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kenny,

I was able to Clone and build successfully the RTOS and also web_hvac demo.  I've done this many times and the first couple I did miss a step to cause issues.  Not saying you missed something as it could be Host OS, other software, phase of the moon, etc...

Before trying the manual approach I would re-try using the docs mentioned above.....and let us know.

I'll work with Sol off line to see what our differences are.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
razed11
Contributor V

Thanks David. I'll have another look. It definitely was a workspace with empty projects.

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Just an additional input. I think that the difference could be if you have a fresh MQX 4.1.1 installation or you have upgraded from MQX 4.1.0 to MQX 4.1.1. The cloning tool worked fine in MQX 4.1.0 and worked for me with MQX (upgrade), in that case MQX installer rewrite the old Freescale_MQX_4_1 folder.

Luis

0 Kudos
williamely
Contributor IV

I have the same issue with a clean install and an upgrade from 4.1.0.

0 Kudos
razed11
Contributor V

Good point. I have a fresh install.

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kenny,

Please review the MQX_BSP_Cloning_Wizard_GettingStarted.pdf in the following path:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1_FRDMK64F\doc\tools

I'm guessing the step to generate the projects might have been missed.

Other useful reading.... the MQX_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf and MQX_BSP_Porting_Example_User_Guide.pdf in the following path:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1_FRDMK64F\doc\mqx

Regards,

David

razed11
Contributor V

I read through all of the documents. Maybe I missed something.

0 Kudos