Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New file - creation time information

Jump to solution
mircopizzichini
Contributor III

Hi

In MFS, is there a way to set file creation time? If I write a file on SD card, from PC I see only last modification time, but I cannot set creation time.

Does MFS support this further time information, or MFS file handle keeps only last modification time/date?

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MFS doesn’t naturally support creation time and creation date attributes.

It is optional part of FAT implementation and in case of MFS it is not directly implemented. For full FAT specification please search fatgen103.pdf file.

Theoretically you can edit mfs_dir_entry structure in mfs.h file or directly edit RESERVED field in this structure.

DIR_CrtTime will be in position RESERVED[2] and RESERVED[3]

DIR_CrtDate will be in position RESERVED[4] and RESERVED[5]

Note: This presents customer modification of MQX code.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MFS doesn’t naturally support creation time and creation date attributes.

It is optional part of FAT implementation and in case of MFS it is not directly implemented. For full FAT specification please search fatgen103.pdf file.

Theoretically you can edit mfs_dir_entry structure in mfs.h file or directly edit RESERVED field in this structure.

DIR_CrtTime will be in position RESERVED[2] and RESERVED[3]

DIR_CrtDate will be in position RESERVED[4] and RESERVED[5]

Note: This presents customer modification of MQX code.

Have a great day,
RadekS

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
mircopizzichini
Contributor III

Thank you very much, I was able to get it working!

Mirco

0 Kudos