cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STANDBY mode of MPC5748G

binbinwu
Contributor II

Hi,

I see some demos about how to enter and exit STANDBY mode like these pictures.

1、

155213_155213.pngpastedImage_0.png

2、

155214_155214.pngpastedImage_1.png

3、

155215_155215.pngpastedImage_2.png

All of them teach me how to enter and exit STANDBY mode. But I want to konw how to identify that it has waked up from STANDBY mode already. I want to know what I can do after it been waked up from STANDBY mode.

Regards,

Binbin Wu

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

dongwang
Contributor I

Hi:

I have a question.

pastedImage_0.png

Does the MC_ME.CADDR[1].R = 0x10000000  and asm("nop") is necessary for enter into standby mode?

In my code(without MC_ME.CADDR[1].R = 0x10000000  and asm("nop")) ,I find most of time my device could enter standby mode and also can be waked up through WKPU PAD,but some time the device can't (the device sleep current is not right)and also can not wake up by WKPU pad, and I find that the code stop after the MC_ME.MCTL.R = 0xD000A50F,.

so for testing, I define a output PAD for High ,after  when I use WAPU PAD to wake , the code is keep run to set PAD high(by the way I stop the watchdog before enter into standby mode ), so at this time I know the device is not reset when WAPU PAD wake and not run from main code as usual. What is the problem.

thank for your reply. 

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the reset vector address after STANDBY exit is given by MC_ME_CADDR1 register, so you can jump to own function where you can set some kind of SW flag or whatever... And then you can jump to "normal" reset vector address...

Lukas

0 Kudos

yankuang1
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to know MPC5748G wake from standby, it will produce a reset?. How to wake up without any reset?

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

most of the device is unpowered during the standby, so the state after wake up is almost like after reset. If you want to avoid this, use STOP mode.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

yankuang1
Contributor III

Hi,

My T-BOX product requires very low power consumption,  STOP mode can not meet the demand.

if most of the device is unpowered during the standby,I want to save some register or variable values,Is it necessary to configure the chip to boot from the backup RAM?But I can not find some configuration methods in the user's manual.Can you provide me the relevant reference code or information?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

alexvinchev
Contributor V

Hi binbinwu​,

I strongly believe that lukaszadrapa​ could answer you in your other "STANDBY" topic: https://community.nxp.com/thread/429512

What is the point to create many similar threads?

0 Kudos