cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC5606S

chiuchungching
Contributor I

Dear Freescale Representative,

For SPC5606S stepping motor application, we have to output PWM for certain pulse(for example : 300pulse), we need to know below registers:

1. Which register of interrupt flag can be reference if counter = 300 pulse PWM is finished?

2. PWM mode setting?

To control PWM output pulse, we will use EMIOS_0.CH[21].CBDR.R=0 for motor stop, setting a PWM duty to enable PWM pulse output.

Thanks a lot!!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no direct HW support for sending fixed number of pulses on the MPC5606S eMIOS module.

You can use some kind of SW way to stop the channel.

For example use one eMIOS channel to generate pulse output signal (with desired duty and frequency).

Generated output signal will be externally connected to the other eMIOS channel input; this channel can be set for MCB mode counting external signal. After programmed number of pulses are counted, the channel flag is set (interrupt can be invoked if enabled) so you can stop the first channel.

Also channel disable feature can be used to disable PWM output, see more in channel ODIS and ODISSL bits. Then the above mentioned channel flag can disable PWM output by HW.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

ino0
Contributor II

can you explain more about "Also channel disable feature can be used to disable PWM output, see more in channel ODIS and ODISSL bits. Then the above mentioned channel flag can disable PWM output by HW."?

because I tried to use this feature to implement SW triggered PWM output. But according to mannual I didn't get idea how to use these two bits to realize it.

0 Kudos