Question about integrating Sensor Fusion Toolbox with my VS C# program

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about integrating Sensor Fusion Toolbox with my VS C# program

randyjohnson
Contributor II

Is there a simple way to capture into my existing Visual Studio C# program, the calibrated compass heading (angle reading) as displayed in the Sensor Fusion Toolbox app for Windows? I am controlling a dual-axis steel tower. Right now, for east and west movement tracking I use an encoder. I would like to use the ecompass data from the frdm-k22f-agm01's usb communication instead of the encoder I'm using. It would be nice if there was a quick and easy way to read this data and capture it with my C# program.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Randy,

I hope all is great with you.

As mentioned on the support case, the Sensor Fusion Library for Kinetis MCUs MCUs provides advanced functions for computation of device orientation, linear acceleration, gyro offset and magnetic interference based on the outputs of Freescale inertial and magnetic sensors.

Once you download and install the library, you may notice that several projects are available at the installation folder for different devices. You can evaluate these projects using CodeWarrior or KDS. These same projects are flashed into the MCUs for been evaluated using the GUI.

So, I recommend using the IDEs mentioned before. I assume that you can create your own GUI with the data provided by the projects (including the header files). I am afraid that I am not an expert on that.

Have you considered using the new Freedom Sensor Toolbox?

This new version provides 12 sensor GUIs for 30 sensor demo kit combinations with both Freedom and LPCXpresso development boards.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos