cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create BSP?

Jump to solution
scottlarson
Contributor II

How can I create a BSP that I can reference from multiple projects?

For example, I created a hello_world project for the imxrt1050evkb board and I've just been copying that for the rest of my projects. This duplicates all of the CMSIS, board, component, device, drivers, etc files and folders. See below screenshot of two projects expanded:

pastedImage_2.png

I'd just like one BSP that I can reference with each project. How can I do this?

I found the New Board SDK Wizard, but that doesn't seem to be creating a BSP with all these files in it...

Thanks!

1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott Larson,

Thanks for your reply.
In my opinion, the SDK library is designed to provide the complete code for the developer and allows them to customize and optimize the code.
In further, it doesn't need a copy of the code of board support and peripheral driver for each project actually, these demo projects can contain these common codes via adding the path.
In the MCUXpresso, it will contain a complete code when importing the demo project from the SDK library, I think this mechanism may confuse you and make you suspect it needs to replicate the common code for each project.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
scottlarson
Contributor II

I won't worry about it now. I'll keep in the NXP way.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott Larson,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Unfortunately, until now, the SDK library hasn't provided the BSP as you want to.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
scottlarson
Contributor II

Jeremy, you're saying that the BSP needs to be replicated in each project (and waste a bunch of storage on my machine) rather than exist and compile into a separate library? Why? Every other manufacturer provides a tidy little BSP library. Even IAR has a library for this rt1050evkb:

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott Larson,

Thanks for your reply.
In my opinion, the SDK library is designed to provide the complete code for the developer and allows them to customize and optimize the code.
In further, it doesn't need a copy of the code of board support and peripheral driver for each project actually, these demo projects can contain these common codes via adding the path.
In the MCUXpresso, it will contain a complete code when importing the demo project from the SDK library, I think this mechanism may confuse you and make you suspect it needs to replicate the common code for each project.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

converse
Senior Contributor V

Maybe Linked Resources will help you? See

Help - Eclipse Platform 

0 Kudos