cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LX2160A secure boot is unstable

Jeffrey_Lai
Contributor II

Hi NXP,

We use LSDK 20.04 and enable secure boot function for our LX2160 board.

After checked the secure boot system on LX2160 board, we find the system boot up failed very often. 

The secure boot is not OK every time and It often stops at  BL2 and shows ERROR: BL2: Failed to load image (-80)

111.png

Did you receive similar issue before and how to fix it? Please give us advice.

In addition, the attachment is secure boot OK log on our board.

Thank you,

Jeffrey Lai

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jeffrey_Lai
Contributor II

I try to add NOTICE message to trace secure boot process and find out a symptom.

It can reduce secure boot up failure rate.

Our custom board almost can secure boot OK every time.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please use QCVS DDRv tool to connect to your target board to do DDR validation and optimization.

Please download and install CodeWarrior from the following link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kjq1nLYrtIfWAHYrup5Cf-TTEJI9iWiu/view?usp=sharing

Please download com.freescale.armv8.11.5.5.GA.Win.updatesite.210930.zip from the following link, open CodeWarrior IDE and install this service pack from Help->Install New Software->Add->Archive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZHiYWDOhb27o0oD5Brqjn4_vJzRUCKoY/view?usp=sharing

Then create a QCVS DDR project to connect to the target board to do optimization. Please refer to the attached user guide. If there is SPD on your target board, please create a project with "read from SPD" method.

After get the optimized DDR configuration parameters, please use them to edit ATF source file flexbuild_lsdk2004/packages/firmware/atf/plat/nxp/soc-ls2160/ls2160ardb/ddr_init.c.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Have you used DDRv to connect to your custom board to do verification and validation?

Have you tried whether non-secure u-boot can boot successfully every time?

0 Kudos

Jeffrey_Lai
Contributor II

Hi yipingwang,

No, I do not use DDRv. Could you tell me how to get it ? Does it need license to use?
Yes, our board can boot successfully every time on non-secure uboot.

Jeffrey  

0 Kudos