Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can lpc do "pin change interrupt"

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by paksoft on Sat May 14 19:20:26 MST 2011
Hi dude,
     I'm lpcxpresso 1769 user and trying to looking for the function like "Pin Change Interrupt" of AVR from Atmel. This function is to detect the state change of every GPIO pin that is like External Interrupt as EINT in lpc, but low priority. It is a hardware feature.

Regards,
pak
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by larryvc on Sat May 14 21:46:35 MST 2011
Hi pak, dude

The user manual is the first and best resource for information.

Repeat this 10 times a day.   "I will read the user manual.":)

Oh, in case you forgot which user manual:

[B][SIZE=6][COLOR=#005042]UM10360:D :D :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

or this:

http://knowledgebase.nxp.com/showpost.php?p=7848&postcount=3

To be serious though, sometimes the manual can be difficult to interpret.  It is statements like the following that confuse me at times.  The fact that they are bulleted, in the manual, only helps to support my point below.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
Quote:
Port 0 and Port 2 can provide a single interrupt for any combination of port pins.

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote:
E[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]ach port pin can be programmed to generate an interrupt on a rising edge, a falling [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]edge, or both.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]When they are read individually it seems as though the first statement is describing something unique about Port0 and Port2.  Then the second statement could be viewed as applying to all GPIO port pins, even those on other ports.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]pak, if you need more help with this just ask.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Larry[/SIZE][/FONT]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by paksoft on Sat May 14 21:05:22 MST 2011

Quote: jharwood
Dude!! There is a User Manual - UM10360.

See section 9.2.2

9.2.2 Interrupt generating digital ports - It needs to use GPIO interrupt register. I'm sorry, I didn't notice about it. Thank you Jharwood. :)

Regards,
pak
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jharwood on Sat May 14 20:24:58 MST 2011
Dude!! There is a User Manual - UM10360.

See section 9.2.2
0 Kudos