cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emWin simulation crashes with custom fonts

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by SeleneSW on Thu Jan 22 09:19:15 MST 2015
Dear friends,

I am trying to set up an emWin simulation (under Visual Studio 2010) for a firmware that works fine on the real hardware, based on the LPC1788.
As to the simulated version, no problem in changing colour to the screen, or drawing rectangles, but unfortunately, as soon as I try to display some text strings using some custom fonts the program (named Startup.exe) crashes with the message:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred in Startup.exe
Additional information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

The problem disappears when using one of the prebuilt standard fonts, embedded in emWin. But of course I need to use my own fonts. These are simple non unicode fonts, made up of 256 symbols, generated through the Font Converter for emWin 5.18.

It's worth repeating that my fonts work fine with the embedded version of emWin (version 5.24H for NXP ARM microcontrollers). What then could be wrong with the simulated version?  ?(

Thank you for your attention and for any help you may provide.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Fri Jan 23 09:49:49 MST 2015
Hi KR,
Not sure which package are you using? Did you start from BSP package for LPC1788 at
http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/emwin-522-board-support-package-ea1788-board

May be you want to share your problematic code on this forum.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by SeleneSW on Fri Jan 23 01:24:12 MST 2015
That's funny, as I tried with the Segger forum first, so the "Segger guys" do know of my problem. They replied by saying the following: 

please request support at your emWin provider... Please note that NXP has the obligation to support their customers.

If NXP - the "emWin provider" - knows nothing about the simulator, I find this response from Segger peculiar, to say the least.
However I will take care of letting Segger know about this reply from NXP.

Besides, I think you should have mentioned this among the limitations at the page LPCware emWin page.
In fact the same page includes the Windows-based simulation environment among the characteristics offered by the graphic library.

I realize we got all of this good software for free, but as it is often the case, when you are stuck, you are on your own.

Thanks.
KR
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Jan 22 09:58:31 MST 2015
Suggest you report this to Segger:
- NXP has no knowledge of, or access to the simulator
- the Segger guys do not hang out here, so won't know of your problem
0 Kudos