次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Serial Communication Issue on LPC55S06-EVK

ソリューションへジャンプ
2,804件の閲覧回数
corysch
Contributor II

I am using an LPC55S06-EVK board to do some initial evaluations of the microcontroller, and seem to have an issue communicating using a Serial USB Connection through Link-2.  I followed the quick-start guide, including updating using LPCScrypt to 2.1.2, and I am using the IAR IDE SDK.  I am able to receive the traffic from the MCU -> PC through USB just fine, but any data transmitted from PC -> MCU don't work. This happens on both the Shell and Power Evaluation examples included in the SDK.

Investigating the Jumpers, I believe everything is correct.  JP12 is open, allowing J3 to be used for monitoring the UART traffic to the MCU.  I can see and verify the data being sent from the MCU to PC using a Logic Analyzer, but can't get data from the PC to MCU to show up. 

I have tried a different cable, which didn't change the behavior.  This has lead me to believe the LPC4322JET100 that is being utilized as a passthrough from USB to UART is not transferring the data correctly.  Have others had this problem, is this an isolated issue, or something else?

ラベル(3)
1 解決策
2,691件の閲覧回数
corysch
Contributor II

tl;dr:  Make sure JP12 is shorted, and JP9 is open to have Serial through USB work.

Okay,

I got this figured out.  Alice, you were correct about the J12, but something was wrong with my board preventing me from having it work through USB.  We got the other boards we ordered in now, and I was able to test them out and got UART working.  However, there are some issues that definitely did NOT help with the issue.

First is the schematic for the board, it mentions "JP12 is open all the time, or it will disable the UART0 completely, either through external or on-board USB to UART" (pg 4).  This, to me, meant JP12 needed to be open or UART0 wouldn't work using any of the options.  This didn't specifically mention J3 wouldn't work, so my assumption was all UART0 lines wouldn't work.  The problem is without connections to J3, it will hold the RX line high, and the level shifter just puts out a high signal, drowning out the signal from the USB.

corysch_5-1660168744103.png

Also in the schematic, JP12 is listed as OPEN by default, which is what I was using for my information mostly.  This should be CLOSED ("1-2") to allow USB UART to work on start. The boards were shipped with JP12 Open, but doesn't match the LPC55S06-EVK User Manual defaults (get to that in a minute).

Second issue is the "Getting Started" link: https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/getting-started-with-the-lpc55s06-evk-evaluation-board:GS-LPC55S0...

When going through the steps, 2.5 doesn't mention anything about making sure a jumper for JP12 is closed to make this work.  It also is referencing Serial over USB, so if it isn't referenced here I would expect to be able to just plug and play with Serial over USB straight out of the box.

corysch_2-1660166834101.png

Lastly, is the LPCXpresso55S06 Development Boards User Manual.  This is the one document I think was the most "correct", as the definition for JP12 actually mentions it needs to be installed to use USB to UART0, and JP9 needs to be open (default and correct). However, it notes JP12 is "Installed" by default, which the boards are not shipped that way (which I think is the fundamental issue with the EVK boards).

corysch_3-1660167576136.png

Section 6.1 also correctly goes into the details of how to jumper the board for JP12, JP9, and use J3.

corysch_4-1660168222614.png

For a fix to this issue, I think JP12 needs to be switched to ("1-2") on the schematic, the JP12 note I mentioned in the schematic be updated with better wording, and the boards be shipped with JP12 shorted.  If these would have been different, things would have been better!

元の投稿で解決策を見る

7 返答(返信)
2,791件の閲覧回数
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

If use J3, the same issue on my side. How about use the USB port J1, and short J12, I test it on my side, it can works well, below is run hello_world demo on my side, send same data 123456 from PC to MCU, MCU can received them and send them:

Alice_Yang_0-1658909838673.png

BR

Alice

2,788件の閲覧回数
corysch
Contributor II

Thanks Alice,

I was using USB Port J1 for Serial, but the data isn't getting to the Microcontroller.  J3 has the only pin exposing FC0_USART_RXD.  Shorting J12 only disabled the Level Shifter pushing Flexcomm0 to J3, which doesn't impact the USB communication (besides removing potential noise). 

Just to make sure I wasn't missing anything, I did run hello_world demo again, with J12 open and closed, and I got the same result both times, no response from the micro. 

I am likely just going to need to hook up a serial connection to J3 to get the data to the microcontroller, if I care enough to do it.  Having the USB port working for Serial would just be easier overall.

corysch_0-1658956370547.png

0 件の賞賛
返信
2,775件の閲覧回数
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

From your screenshot, it seems UART send/receive all work well. Do you used J3?

BR

Alice

0 件の賞賛
返信
2,771件の閲覧回数
corysch
Contributor II

I did not get a response back per hello_world demo.  It should echo everything passed in, which it did not.  I would expect something like your screenshot, where there is an extra 12345 in the image.  Or like for the shell demo, I should get details by typing in "help". This is using J1 for USB Serial, J3 is only being used for the Protocol Analyzer to observe the traffic data.  The data from the PC to MCU is just never reaching the microcontroller

corysch_0-1659016217500.png

corysch_1-1659016419011.pngcorysch_2-1659016447601.png

0 件の賞賛
返信
2,742件の閲覧回数
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Attachment is my board picture, compare the jumpers with yours,

Just confuse,  from your screenshot, there is echo "12345".

Alice_Yang_0-1659322648200.png

BR

Alice

0 件の賞賛
返信
2,734件の閲覧回数
corysch
Contributor II

Sorry,

I thought I had mentioned it  in my first response before but I must have deleted it.  I have local echo on to verify what I was seeing.  That would explain why it looked like it was on for you, but meant it was off for me.  Sorry about that, that was my fault.

corysch_0-1659357792164.png

2,692件の閲覧回数
corysch
Contributor II

tl;dr:  Make sure JP12 is shorted, and JP9 is open to have Serial through USB work.

Okay,

I got this figured out.  Alice, you were correct about the J12, but something was wrong with my board preventing me from having it work through USB.  We got the other boards we ordered in now, and I was able to test them out and got UART working.  However, there are some issues that definitely did NOT help with the issue.

First is the schematic for the board, it mentions "JP12 is open all the time, or it will disable the UART0 completely, either through external or on-board USB to UART" (pg 4).  This, to me, meant JP12 needed to be open or UART0 wouldn't work using any of the options.  This didn't specifically mention J3 wouldn't work, so my assumption was all UART0 lines wouldn't work.  The problem is without connections to J3, it will hold the RX line high, and the level shifter just puts out a high signal, drowning out the signal from the USB.

corysch_5-1660168744103.png

Also in the schematic, JP12 is listed as OPEN by default, which is what I was using for my information mostly.  This should be CLOSED ("1-2") to allow USB UART to work on start. The boards were shipped with JP12 Open, but doesn't match the LPC55S06-EVK User Manual defaults (get to that in a minute).

Second issue is the "Getting Started" link: https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/getting-started-with-the-lpc55s06-evk-evaluation-board:GS-LPC55S0...

When going through the steps, 2.5 doesn't mention anything about making sure a jumper for JP12 is closed to make this work.  It also is referencing Serial over USB, so if it isn't referenced here I would expect to be able to just plug and play with Serial over USB straight out of the box.

corysch_2-1660166834101.png

Lastly, is the LPCXpresso55S06 Development Boards User Manual.  This is the one document I think was the most "correct", as the definition for JP12 actually mentions it needs to be installed to use USB to UART0, and JP9 needs to be open (default and correct). However, it notes JP12 is "Installed" by default, which the boards are not shipped that way (which I think is the fundamental issue with the EVK boards).

corysch_3-1660167576136.png

Section 6.1 also correctly goes into the details of how to jumper the board for JP12, JP9, and use J3.

corysch_4-1660168222614.png

For a fix to this issue, I think JP12 needs to be switched to ("1-2") on the schematic, the JP12 note I mentioned in the schematic be updated with better wording, and the boards be shipped with JP12 shorted.  If these would have been different, things would have been better!