Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1342 problem booting the device in USB MSC mode

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pdpro on Sat Aug 31 06:15:53 MST 2013
      With reference to LPC1343 breakout board I've designed my own board using LPC1342with some added feature. Initially when I connect the device, windows detect it as CRP DISABLED which is as it should be. For instant check of hardware I used NXP ISP utility program & programmed the device with blinky program of LPC1343 compatible (LPC1342 program is not available on NXP site).  Blink is working fine  :)   & the device manager shows the device as Human Interface Devices(HID-compliant device).

Now I want the bootloader to boot the device again in USB MSC mode. My hardware for putting device in USB MSC is exact replica of reference design. But nothing happens when I use combination of RESET+ISP to put the device in USB MSC mode.  :(  How can I reprogram my device?   :quest:

I made some electrical check of my hardware & found out the the ISP pin (PIO0_1/USB_FTOGGLE ) is always low. What does it signify? Is the blink program for LPC1343 used on LPC1342 is problem? Does ISP pin goes always low when the device is in USB HID mode?   :quest:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pdpro on Fri Nov 01 12:20:16 MST 2013
Exactly this is what datasheet, application notes says but my custom hardware was not able to enter USB MSC mode while I followed these steps. Then what I did was to insert the USB cable to host while pressing the ISP pin. In this way device was able to enter USB_MSC mode.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by NXP_Paul on Tue Sep 03 12:42:08 MST 2013
The LPC1343 will enter USB MSC mode if:
1. PIO0_1 is low during reset
2. PIO0_3 is high during reset.
Note that if PIO_3 and PIO0_1 are low during reset, then ISP via the serial port will be enabled.
0 Kudos