How can i update firmware OTA(Over the Air) in LPC1768?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i update firmware OTA(Over the Air) in LPC1768?

md712538
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I am using MCUXpresso tool id and MCU is LPC1768.

I want to update my firmware over the air.

So please tell me how can i update firmware over the air.

I received new firmware via UART and write in Internal flash via IAP cmd.

I want to write new firmware in the place of old firmware. 

How can i write new firmware in the place of old firmware?

I alreday read AN10866 documents so please don't be suggest this document.

I want to know any method or idea how to over write new firmware in the place of old firmware. I have already received new firmware via UART and write into internal flash.

When i trying to overwrite new firmware in the place of old firmware my running code execution is stop?

I hope you understand my concern and please give me any satisfied and helpful  answer.

Thanks you in advance from Photon Play Systems India.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
5 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nasir, I hope you're doing well!

I'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause, but to perform this operation, a custom bootloader or firmware would need to be implemented to detect the new image in the internal flash, and to trigger a reset to run the newly downloaded code.

If you already have the firmware in internal flash, then a procedure needs to be implemented in your bootloader to take the new code and replace the older code with it.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

md712538
Contributor II

Thank you for response.

I already receive new firmware via Uart and write into sector 18 via IAP cmd.

But now i failed to perform writing operation via IAP cmd (Sector 0 to sector 15) starting 64kb.

And i successfully perform writing operation sector 16 to 29.

1) Please guide me how can i implement custom bootloader or firmware to detect the new firmware(Image)?

2) i want to execute new firmware(image) so what can i do to switch into new firmware address?

Please guide me and i am waiting here for your helpful response.

Thanks you so much.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nasir,

After the new image is in internal memory, you can trigger a reset request by setting the SYSRESETREQ section of the Application Interrupt and Reset Control Register, the secondary bootloader has to replace the rest of your old code, with the new code, and then your bootloader needs to jump to the corresponding new address for your new code.

Could you please take a look at AN11258 and AN11257? They explain the secondary bootloader for I2C and SPI, they may be useful in implementing it with UART.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

md712538
Contributor II

Hello Sir,

Thank you so much for reply.

1)i am using 4g wifi module to receiving new image .

2)4g module interface with MCULPC1768 via UART.

3)I can't used 2  MCU because i want to update my MCU firmware over the Air.

4)You suggest me I2C or SPI based SBL both are working on Master Slave case so i think these method are not fulfil my requirement.

5)I am receiving new image via 4G module which are already connected to MCU via UART and after receiving image write image on internal flash(Staring Address sector 16) via IAP cmd.

Please try to understand my concern.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nasir,

I'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause, but that's currently the documentation we have to offer.

As some further helpful reference, could you please take a look at Chapter 32 of UM10360? It's an explanation on ISP and the Flash programming interface, which could help give an idea on how to replace the existing code using ISP commands.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos