cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB example configuration

oaf
Contributor IV

Hi,

I'm using KDS-3.0, KSDK-1.2.0, FRDM-K64F.

I want a CDC-MSD USB connection, and I've finally managed to take the CDC-MSD example and merge into a project using PEx.

During this work I've stumbled across this file: ..\usb\adapter\sourcs\sdk\adapter_cfg.h

which looks like this:

#ifndef _OSADAPTER_CFG_H
#define _OSADAPTER_CFG_H 1

#define OS_ADAPTER_MQX                       1
#define OS_ADAPTER_BM                        2
#define OS_ADAPTER_SDK                       3
#define OS_ADAPTER_UCOSIII                   4
/*#define OS_ADAPTER_ACTIVE_OS                 OS_ADAPTER_UCOSIII*/
#define OS_ADAPTER_ACTIVE_OS                 OS_ADAPTER_SDK

# endif

I could not find any description of these definitions, and I just wonder:

1. My exmple is for MQX, should I use OS_ADAPTER_MQX and recompile the usb-libraries?

2. What OS is OS_ADAPTER_SDK representing?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ole Asbjorn Fadum:

I see that right now all the USB libraries and examples use the OS_ADAPTER_SDK and all system calls are using the KSDK OSA layer depending on the RTOS used (Baremetal, MQX, ...).

In this case you are not required to change the adapter configuration, just build and link the USB libraries corresponding to your RTOS, e.g. if using MQX with USB Host you would need to build the library libusbh_mqx.a. Also make sure that your application project has the macro FSL_RTOS_MQX defined.

I will investigate more about the OS_ADAPTER settings with the developers and let you know their feedback.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos