k66f FTM synchronization using external hardware trigger

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

k66f FTM synchronization using external hardware trigger

teoman_ustun
Contributor I

Trying to do FTM counter synchronization using hardware trigger 2 (FTMx_FLT0), but had no luck so far. I could generate PWM signals though external hardware trigger does not reset the FTM counter. I also noticed that the FTMx_SYNC[TRIG2] is always 0, even though it is set to 1 in the peripheral.c program generated by MCUxpresso Config Tool. 

I also tried manually changing the peripheral register directly in MCUxpresso, but it did not work - it always stays at 0 (zero) level. Any help is appreciated. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You could refer to the application note Features of the FlexTimer Module

Chapter 3.11.4. Updating the FTM register with hardware control to get a general code example in bare-metal for configuration of the hardware trigger of FTM of Kinetis MCU´s.

The following code configures the PTB3 pin as FTM0_FLT0. The FTM0_FLT0 is the hardware triggering source TRIG2. Every rising edge of trigger source2 launches a new PWM cycle.

Please take a close look at the register level configuration, because of implementation

FTM could vary between your device. , you will need to make sure that the correct bits are enabled.

The bit for hardware trigger 2 is set successfully in the example. 

Also, note that the pins for PWM and FTM0_FLT0 must be routed, setting its corresponding alternative, you can use MCUxpresso config tools for that, as you were doing it before.

I hope that this reference helps you out!

Have a great day,
Diego

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos