Question: Flash Programming software for K20/K64 MCU

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Flash Programming software for K20/K64 MCU

danielcheng
Contributor II

In my PCB design,  I need to program the K20 (K20DN63M5) on my PCB through JTAG physical interface with the  programmer device (P&E USB Multilink Universal).  Right now, The software interface I use to program is the Kinetis Design studio IDE (3.2.0,  go to " pull down menu 'Run -> Flash from file ...'") .  Is there a standalone software to be used for flash/re-flashing the chip in this case?  Is PROG12Z working for K-series chip?  Otherwise, what's your recommendation? Thank you.

pastedImage_1.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel Cheng

PROG12Z is for HC12 or MC9(S)12(X). You can check PROG for ARM® Cortex in P&EMicro web page P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Development Tools... 

Hope this could help

Best Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos

gnichimohamed
Contributor III

I use Segger and they have a tool called ozone you can use it to directly program the chips.

0 Kudos

danielcheng
Contributor II

Thanks. But we already have P&G USB Multilink Universal in place. Do you know if PROG12Z works with this chip?  Thanks again. 

0 Kudos

gnichimohamed
Contributor III

I really dont know.

There is one other way to automate flashing by using gdb on the command line. Check this out :smileyhappy:

Command Line Programming and Debugging with GDB | MCU on Eclipse 

0 Kudos