cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K70 – Flash Memory.

Jump to solution
john71
Senior Contributor I

I have couple of questions regarding the flash memory of MK70FN1M0VMJ12.

1. The flash memory size is 1 Mb. Page size is 4 Kb. So we have 256 pages. Can I write to a page number , say 250?

2. As I see in the table the chip has FlexRam – 16 Kb. But in the example it's configured as

FLASH_SSD_CONFIG flashSSDConfig =

{

FTFx_REG_BASE,          /* FTFx control register base */

PFLASH_BLOCK_BASE,      /* base address of PFlash block */

PBLOCK_SIZE,            /* size of PFlash block */

DEFLASH_BLOCK_BASE,     /* base address of DFlash block */

0x0U,                   /* size of DFlash block */

EERAM_BLOCK_BASE,       /* base address of EERAM block */

0x0U,                   /* size of EEE block */

DEBUGENABLE,            /* background debug mode enable bit */

NULL_CALLBACK           /* pointer to callback function */

};

FlexRam block size = 0;

So, do we have FlexRam on the chip?

1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Evgeny Erenburg,

Let me answer your questions:

1) Yes, you can write to any page (or sector as named in the Kinetis manuals). Just notice that any location to write must be in an erased state (all FF's).

2) The MK70FN1M0VMJ12 does not have FlexNVM memory, so no FlexRAM. Instead there are 16 KB of Programming Acceleration RAM. The Lower quarter (4 KB) of the Programming Acceleration RAM can be used with the Program Section command, to program a whole flash sector at once.

I hope this clarifies.

Best Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Evgeny Erenburg,

Let me answer your questions:

1) Yes, you can write to any page (or sector as named in the Kinetis manuals). Just notice that any location to write must be in an erased state (all FF's).

2) The MK70FN1M0VMJ12 does not have FlexNVM memory, so no FlexRAM. Instead there are 16 KB of Programming Acceleration RAM. The Lower quarter (4 KB) of the Programming Acceleration RAM can be used with the Program Section command, to program a whole flash sector at once.

I hope this clarifies.

Best Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!