Problem in USB interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in USB interface

yusupkhan
Contributor II

I am using MKL46Z256VLL4 micro controller for my thermal printer project.

Specifications of printer card:

• • Main controller – MKL46Z256VLL4
  • • Supporting chipsets
    • – DRV8834
    • – TLV70233
  • • External connectivity Interfaces
    • – Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART)
    • – Universal Serial Bus (USB)

UART interface:

After flashing printer program, the uart interface detected as COM PORT in device manager and I have removed p&e micro usb multilink and uart interface. Then I reconnected uart interface only, it is also detecting as COM PORT. Also I can able to send data to printer through UART.

Problem in USB interface:

After flashing printer program, the usb interface detected as COM PORT in device manager. Then I have removed p&e micro usb multilink and usb interface. Then I reconnected usb interface only, but it is showing usb device not recognized. After connecting p&e micro usb multilink with that, then only it is detecting as COM PORT. So whenever I am using usb interface for printer always p&e micro usb multilink also has to be connect.

Can anyone help me after flashing program without p&e micro usb multilink, how I should send data to printer through USB?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yusup Khan,

I think there is a problem in the way you have your configuration for the standalone functionality, please make a test in order to be sure that this is not the problem. Exclude from the code all the calls to the printf function you have in your project, I mean put in comments those calls and if a call to printf is in an if statement change the printf for a asm("nop"); to ensure this statement is being executed.

This tests is to check if your code is dependent to the Multilink interface. Try to do the same you did to test both interfaces.

I hope this information can help you.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos