cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical dimensions of the FRDM boards

Jump to solution
simonmarkham
Contributor I

Where can I find the physical dimensions of the FDRM-KL05Z / FRDM-K20D50 / FRDM-KL25Z?

I know the pins are the same as the Arduino, but the boards and mounting holes are not.

Yours Simon M.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI,

Please check below attached FRDM-KL25Z board picture about physical dimension info.

Customer could find that info from FRDM-KL25Z board hardware layout file, which could get form below link:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/hardware_tools/printed_circuit_boards/bom/FRDM-KL25Z...

Wish it helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
eli_hughes
Contributor V

See this community page :

FRDM - Freescale Cup Shield for the Freedom Board

There are Altium files in the design page for that board.   THe corner radius, etc are a good match.... The freescale docs didn't have a good mechanical drawing so I used some calipers.     I do not have the mount holes as I needed the space....

0 Kudos
simonmarkham
Contributor I

Hi Eli,

Are you saying the gerbers are wrong? This worries me!

Yours Simon M.

FYI I had the files converted via the altium forum.

0 Kudos
eli_hughes
Contributor V

Simon:

I remember seeing that on the Altium forum!

No, the gerbers are correct.   I just trust my calipers  :-)

0 Kudos
simonmarkham
Contributor I

20130527_221511.jpgHi Eli, I made a prototyping  board using acrylic and I used a set of calipers to do the same as I was in a hurry.

0 Kudos
simonmarkham
Contributor I

Does anyone want the Altium version of the files?

Yours Simon M.

0 Kudos
tcrussell
Contributor I

Simon

I would like the Altium files if you still have them hanging around.  I want to know where the mounting holes are and their relation to the Arduino header connectors.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

Are these files available somewhere? I am interested in that I can read the Altium files and use that to generate EAGLE files - not automatically.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

For those who may be interested, the attached files are the those needed for EAGLE version 7.2.x. I started with the Arduino UNO file and then compared it to the Gerber files for the FRDM-K22F. Then I expanded the design to have the FRDM outline and the dual headers. Other than the headers, there are NO electronics on the design. This is just a bare board!

Along the way, I found that the FRDM matches the Arduino only in pin position. These holes will closely match the Arduino holes allowing better alignment with the shields.

Since this has not been used in a physical design, use it with the usual caveats! Review it for your purposes as I cannot be held liable for your design. However, if you find an error, I would appreciate it if you'd pass it back to me. (Thanks.)

Note: The attached file corrects some errors in the signals on J24.

0 Kudos
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

There is a major typo in that page.

"2 channel Motor Driver ICs (MC3887APVW)"

should be MC33887APVW

0 Kudos
Monica
Senior Contributor III

Simon, was this info useful? Please let us know :smileywink:

Best regards,

Monica

0 Kudos
simonmarkham
Contributor I

It was helpful but I had to get it converted to Altium before I could get the measurements I needed.

Yours Simon M.

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI,

Please check below attached FRDM-KL25Z board picture about physical dimension info.

Customer could find that info from FRDM-KL25Z board hardware layout file, which could get form below link:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/hardware_tools/printed_circuit_boards/bom/FRDM-KL25Z...

Wish it helps.

0 Kudos
jonathantivald
Contributor I

What are the dimensions of the I/O pins?  I need to fab a shield for my Freedom Board.

Thanks

Jonathan

0 Kudos