cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with sending data with USB UART from K64F to PC

kokalz1
Contributor I

Hi all,

I have just recently started learning K64F and having a bit of an issue with establishing a serial communication channel between my board and Termite 3.3 on my Windows 10 machine.

I followed this guide on how to use AsynchroSerial with Shell but no data comes through. My board runs FreeRTOS kernel and below is a few lines of code that I am trying to run within the main():

for(;;) {
    CLS1_SendStr("Hello World!\r\n", CLS1_GetStdio()->stdOut);
    LED1_Neg();
    WAIT1_Waitms(1000);
}

I've set Shell (CLS1) Default Serial to "Enabled" with AsynchroSerial (serial template) as console interface option. 

Inside AsynchroSerial I set Channel to UART0, RxD to UART1_RX_TGTMCU and TxD to UART1_TX_TGTMCU. BaudRate is set to 38400, no parity, 1 stop bit, width 8 bits. Same set of configurations is used in Termite 3.3.

After connecting the board to my PC via USB and running using debug configuration (GDB SEGGAR J-Link Debugging), the LED blink, but no data shows up on my Termite 3.3 terminal if I enable interrupts in AsynchroSerial component. However, disabling interrupts causes it to suddenly start working again...

Any thoughts on what could be an issue?

Thank you for your help!

Kevin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kevin Chicano,

As I know, the JLINK firmware can work in the win10 system.

Now, to exclude your code problem(your reference post is not from NXP), please download our KSDK SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F code, and download it to your board, then check the printf function with the virtual port again.

KSDK SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F download link:

Welcome to MCUXpresso | MCUXpresso Config Tools 

Select the build an SDK, then choose the FRDM-K64 board, download the helloworld code to your board, then check the information in your Termite 3.3.

If the KSDK is working, then your problem is caused by your code.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos